+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OT Testing

Gentlemen et al,
    There IS another way to look at this situation. I speak from experience here. The boy your daughter chooses as her date reflects more on HER choice than HIS shortcomings. If you brought her up RIGHT ( as the twig is bent so will grow the oak), chances are she will choose wisely and you can holster the cannon. I ,myself, had the cannon on the ready, should my theory have been proven wrong. BUT all that was 35+years ago and all (3)are happily married and producing offspring(7) that are a joy to me and my wife.

Mark

...OR...

When the girlfriends come over to visit one of my son's, I make sure I'm cleaning my Kimber 1911 at the kitchen table. The girls tend to be more respectful that way.

As hormones run around in our teenagers, don't assume it's always the guy you need to watch out for.
    Last edited by troutgeek; 04-28-2009 at 06:22 AM. Reason: Changed guns

nighthawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Gentlemen et al,
    There IS another way to look at this situation. I speak from experience here. The boy your daughter chooses as her date reflects more on HER choice than HIS shortcomings. If you brought her up RIGHT ( as the twig is bent so will grow the oak), chances are she will choose wisely and you can holster the cannon. I ,myself, had the cannon on the ready, should my theory have been proven wrong. BUT all that was 35+years ago and all (3)are happily married and producing offspring(7) that are a joy to me and my wife.

Mark
    Hey Mark,
    Somehow I believe that you are one father that I would never want to cross.

One other thing that might work. Make certain he is wearing waders and you fill them with ice water! That will send some things into hiding!

Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post
    Hey Mark,
    Somehow I believe that you are one father that I would never want to cross.

One other thing that might work. Make certain he is wearing waders and you fill them with ice water! That will send some things into hiding!
    I suspect the ice water is a very good idea, and after reading this thread and giving it some thought, I am glad all I have is a boy.

hNt
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

Cool Cleaning guns

I am glad to here I am not the only one who is cleaning a gun at the kitchen table when my daughters first boy friend showed up The Mrs kept telling me to not make a big deal out of it as she may find someone worse to drive me nuts. Now she is away at college.

Bill

Default ha ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post
    I do not have any girls but my brothers sure do. They all swear by the Remington, a.k.a. 12 gauge method of screening dates. Have them arrive early. Bring them into the living room for a real man to man chat as you are oiling up the 12 gauge.
    If i ever have a girl im going to use this method! I have two sisters and super protective over them, cant imagine if i had a daughter. That cracks me up thanks
    UNITY

My best buddy swears this happened; suburb of Detroit, Michigan, about 1970. He was cleaning his pump shot gun in the living of a small house. Some reps from the Jehovah's Witness came to the front door which opened directly into his living room. His wife answered the door. They started to step in, only to face him, sitting on a footstool facing them with the shot gun pointed mostly in their direction. They hastily exited. Very hastily.

Default Teach your sons

I raised two boys and believe its every father's responsibility to teach his sons to treat girls/women with respect. Of course the foremost way of doing that is for you yourself to treat all women with respect, especially your wife. I called them out any time I heard them speaking disrespectfully about any girls they knew. I never let them get away with calling girls tramps, whores , sluts. etc. If young men are taught properly then young women's fathers won't have to threaten or intimidate their daughter's dates

I love this thread. I am scared to death of having a daughter and I am glad to hear that I am not the only one who plans to do/ has done this.

I was always raised to treat women the way I would want someone to treat my daughter and that has included a very respectful fear of fathers. I feel this gives me the right to put the fear of the father in young men when I become a father.

Constantly cleaning your pump shotgun and sharpening a big hunting knife do seem to make a positive statement. Something about the sound of a slide coming home gets your attention, and the soft whisper of a steel blade pushed along a good stone is good for the more enlightened.

My baby girl (27 years old) called me yesterday, a former student at the school where she works at taken her to a range and let her burn some rounds in a Colt Model 1911. She thought it was about the most fun ever. She's the brave one in the family, hates heights but did a tandem skydive a few years back.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

+ Reply to Thread