+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Patagonia or Cloudveil Waders

Default Patagonia or Cloudveil Waders

Has anyone had a chance to look at both of these waders and compare? I'm in the market for a new pair (since mine were just stolen!!!). Luckily insurance is covering it. I've had the Cloudveil and really liked them, but keep hearing good things about Patagonia. Just never worn them. Should I explore or stick with what I know and go Cloudveil?

Thanks
    Bryan

I have not used Patagonia waders.

I presently have Cloudveil. Before that, I had Simms for about 8 years. The Cloudveil are OK, I like the fit and the design of the pockets, crotch, knees, etc.

Having said that, I am on my 4th pair.The first pair had the tape on the booty's come off so they replaced them at no charge. The next 2 pairs leaked down near the booty/ mid calf area and they replaced those also --- all at no charge. In all fairness, they wanted me to wait to obtain the replacements because they were making some changes in the design or manufacturing process -- unfortunately I couldn't wait because I was going to S. America fishing and needed something right of way. So far, the present pair is holding up fine. I know they underwent some manufacturing changes and that may have solved the problem.

Their customer service has been excellent and they have been quick to take care of my problems. For that I am appreiciative. Will I get them again -- I don't know.

I'll see how the present pair holds up; however, in reality, I'll probably be thinking hard about SIMMs for the next ones.

+ Reply to Thread