+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Update on The Price of Freedom. A terrible accident at work

nighthawk Guest

Default Update on The Price of Freedom. A terrible accident at work

Hi folks,
    Got some good news and not so good news today. Frank Swanson is our injured buddy. Frank is much improved today. There is an article in the Harrisburg Patriot-News on the accident.

The good news is Frank is out of immediate danger. The bad news is Frank has lost his left leg from the mid-calf down. Frank is one tough 34 year old chap. He says he is optimistic and this is something he will just have to get through! He has got a lot of friends and family there to support him. More than he knows!

The doctors felt that a mid-calf amputation would give Frank the best use of a prosthesis.

I am grateful, happy and relieved to hear this news. I am extremely grateful to all of you here for reaching out to this perfect stranger in support, love and prayers. I know Frank will be overwhelmed when he sees your posts here.

Praise God! Thank you Jesus Christ, my Lord and savior!

Thank God for answered prayers, I'm sure his family is very happy that he will soon be out of this and making forward progress.

A wise person once said "bad things happen for good reasons". This gentleman may well come out of this stronger!
    "Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne.

"When you know, to know that you know, and when you do not know, to know that you do not know - that is true knowledge..." Charlie Chan (author Earl Derr Biggers ...Behind That Curtain 192.

Eric, Thanks for the update. Too bad about the leg. How are his head injuries. Evidently not too bad. It's good to have a name to update the prayer chain at our church. We will continue to pray for Frank. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Eric,
    thanks for the update. I did say a prayer for the young man when you made the first post.

I am truly sorry to hear the young man has lost part of his leg. My heart aches for him and the sense of loss he must be feeling. I will continue to pray for him as he goes through this.

On the bright side, a couple days ago, there was concern over if he would live or not.

This will not give his leg back, but he is a live and with prostetics will walk again and be able to do a lot of what he used to do.

Praise God that he is alive and as long as he is alive there is hope.

Jeff

nighthawk Guest

He was indeed in very real danger his life. Thanks to the quick actions of his fellow employees, the First Responders and the staff at Penn State/Hershey Medical Center Frank will be able to make a recovery. They saved his life.

Thanks to all of you here too. I know the prayers and well wishes helped pull off a miracle!

The BEST news is his positive attitude! With that & prayers going out to him, Frank can't miss.
    God Bless,
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Thanks for the update Eric. Good news indeed. I believe in your first report you mentioned a head injury of sorts. I hope this injury is not too serious.? Glad to read your friend's spirit is good and pray he continues to improve.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

I am sure that he will make the best of the situation. Glad to hear that he is doing better. Thoughts and prayers with him.

nighthawk Guest

He cracked his noggin pretty hard but he is recovering from it. I am being told that the amputation is from just below the left knee. The docs said this will give him a good foundation for a good prosthesis. This is all provided his recovery continues without complications. Pretty good risk of infection here.

I used to see Frank a few minutes every Thursday and Friday morning during our shift overlaps and work with him when he gets overtime. Frank always smiles and greets everyone he sees. I hope we will get to see him soon.
    Last edited by nighthawk; 02-18-2009 at 03:59 AM.

+ Reply to Thread