+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Valentines Day

Blog Entries

Default Valentines Day

Tomorrow (Saturday) is Valentines Day.
    Just thought I would remind you. Now go do your part in keeping your local florist/candy shop in business.

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

my sweetie asked for a fly rod!
    "some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God." Tony Blake

Thanks for the reminder. I'll be standing in line for hours with all the other guys who waited last minute to buy candies at Sees Candies. lol
    Trout don't speak Latin.

VEE got an Orvis Barstock Battenkill with a spare spool for her 5 wgt. Flowers will arrive before we go out for a nice dinner and a movie.
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Food for thought on how you can have extra money to spend at your local fly shop

Take your love one to Wally-World, Walgreen's, Local card shop, Etc.....After you arrive go your separate ways in the store and you head off to the card section. Now this is the most important part, pick-out the most beautiful card you can find and I mean the mushiest card you can find with Lov....this Lov...that about you, you know what I'm talking about the mushier the better. Now go find your love one and hand her/him the card to read, after their done have her/him go pick-out a card for you. After your done reading the card from her/him take the card back.

The moral of this story is look at all the money you saved that you can now spend at the local fly shop and it wont be thrown away in the garbage in a day or two
    Popperfly>-<(((((*>
    Born to Fish...Forced to Work !

Learn to paint flowers and write in fancy lettering....it's worth your time and it's nearly cost-less if you turn it into a hobby anyway

Smile

It was a great Valentines for us.

My bride wanted a nice purse of her choosing (as opposed to silly petals that drop in three days...) and I wanted to get into a nice, used Taylor acoustic guitar I had found some days prior....

We're both happy! ('specially me....)

Default Taylor

Which model Jeremy? I've got a 2001 BB Taylor. Great gits.

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMoose View Post
    Which model Jeremy? I've got a 2001 BB Taylor. Great gits.

Cheers,

MontanaMoose
    Moose,

It's a 2007 GS8. East Ind. Rosewood back/sides and with an Engleman Spruce top. The fellow had some smalll p/ups installed under the bridge that I can't recall the name too right off.

She's set up for a very low action for finger-picking...but it wont buzz with some moderate strumming. It's simply a wonderfully deep sounding "bronzy rich" base and tinckling highs...It's super!

Wish I could do it the justice it deserves... I sold one of my 'boos for it. That was a great choice. I was beginning to become a collector.

I sold off my instruments a dozen years back. Got frustrated. Then the bluesy sound invaded my haed again....I'm taking the learning easy now.

So much to learn. I find myself a bit frustrated at times even now. I set her aside and take a breath! It takes a few hrs and I'm right back to it!

Wonderful Moose, wonderful! I'll die with this one!

Shoot me a PM. I'd like to know what your music interests are. This IS a FLY FISHIN' site....)

Thanks,

Jeremy.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

"Shoot me a PM. I'd like to know what your music interests are. This IS a FLY FISHIN' site....)"

Valentines day is past, feel free to hijack this thread

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

+ Reply to Thread