+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need info on rod weight

Default Need info on rod weight

I was tying some flies tonight with a young man that I have been working with on fly fishing and tying and decided to let him view my copy of a tape on Lee Wluff. In this tape he states he is using a rod that is 6'10" long. Does anyone happen to know what weight rod it was and if he overlined it? Just curious since that info was not mentioned in the tape. In this same tape he tied a fly on a number 28 hook which may not mean anything to anyone until you see him tie it with no vise!! He was amazing to watch tying and the young man I have been helping with tying was impressed! Thanks to anyone who may have any info of the rod Lee used.

------------------
    Warren
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

The original of this rod is on display at the Fly Fishing museum in Roscoe. The length does not match your discription but you may be interested. [url=http://www.royalwulff.com/legacy.html:39587]http://www.royalwulff.com/legacy.html[/url:39587]

Warren, RW here

Go to Fish-Ins in the index at your right and click on Roscoe Fish-in 04 (Wrap-Up). In the third picture you will see my friend Allan Podell, a FAOL regular, who won a duplicate of the rod you are speaking of right here in the montly drawing on FAOL. I took the pic of him catching a foot-long brown on the Neversink River with that rod during the fish-in. It is a 6 foot cane, 1-piece, 5-weight. He will probably see this post and come on and give you more of the particulars on it. I think he subsequently sold it. The fly was a renegade. How's that for a quick response?

Later, RW

------------------
    "We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring on fishing the wet fly-

[This message has been edited by Royal Wulff (edited 13 November 2005).]
    "The value of trout is simply that they exist" <Frank Weisbarth>

Thanks to everyone for responding. I really appreciated it. I will have to look at that tape again and enjoy it all over again. I admire him, all that he done for fly fishing catch & relaese and his attitude towards life and the environment.

Thanks again,

------------------
    Warren
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

+ Reply to Thread