+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Here is what's cookin tonight, YUM, YUM!

nighthawk Guest

Default Here is what's cookin tonight, YUM, YUM!

We have a fresh 9 pound oven stuffer roasting chicken, stuffed with Amy's home made stuffing, roasted to a golden brown in a roasting bag in our oven. We round the meal out with a nice Caesar Salad, fresh home made candied yams and your choice of a vegetable (make mine sweet green peas).

If roasted bird isn't your game the keeper of the flame, me, has prepared for you a nice sirloin tip, basted in Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce. Done to medium on the Char-Broil outdoor grill. Accompanied by some Ball Park Franks All Beef hot dogs.

We finish it all of with a desert to die for. A slice of sweet, sugar free, diabetic, home made Apple Pie. Since I am diabetic and have now maxed out my carbs for the meal I must pass on the ice cream. However, you are welcome to my helping of ice crean. You can even have it alamode with your pie!

P.S. To make a "sugar free" diabetic apple pie just use Splenda in place of your cane and brown sugars. Remember to use half as much too as the Splenda is much sweeter than standard sugars.

Crikey man, how much do you weigh LOL!!!!
    "We do not inherit the earth; we borrow it from our children."

Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post
    We have a fresh 9 pound oven stuffer roasting chicken, stuffed with Amy's home made stuffing, roasted to a golden brown in a roasting bag in our oven. We round the meal out with a nice Caesar Salad, fresh home made candied yams and your choice of a vegetable (make mine sweet green peas).

If roasted bird isn't your game the keeper of the flame, me, has prepared for you a nice sirloin tip, basted in Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce. Done to medium on the Char-Broil outdoor grill. Accompanied by some Ball Park Franks All Beef hot dogs.

We finish it all of with a desert to die for. A slice of sweet, sugar free, diabetic, home made Apple Pie. Since I am diabetic and have now maxed out my carbs for the meal I must pass on the ice cream. However, you are welcome to my helping of ice crean. You can even have it alamode with your pie!

P.S. To make a "sugar free" diabetic apple pie just use Splenda in place of your cane and brown sugars. Remember to use half as much too as the Splenda is much sweeter than standard sugars.
    Pictures, my friend, pictures. I'm a "visual learner" and I need PICTURES!!!!
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

I just eat!!! But now I am suddenly very hungry and my mouth is watering.
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

Eric,

It doesn't matter what we have for dinner. I'm saving room for dessert. Homemade chocolate cheese cake with homemade raspberry sauce. That will put your blood sugar through the roof, but is it ever good.

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Crikey, bugger the blood sugar!
    "We do not inherit the earth; we borrow it from our children."

nighthawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo View Post
    Crikey man, how much do you weigh LOL!!!!
    Hee, Hee, now you know where I get all that energy for the hiking and mountain bike! I got to do something to burn of those calories and carbs!

+ Reply to Thread