+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vise Jaws

Default Vise Jaws

Was wondering if anyone here uses the DanVise, and if the jaw tips are suppose to have a slight flare on the very tip end of the jaws. I've been using mine for about a year now and it seems the jaw tips, approx., the 1/8" of so of the tips, are starting to flair out a bit, but for the life of me, I don't remember if they were that way when I first bought the vise.

thx's

Mike
    "The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope" -John Buchan

They should not be that way when you bought them.

contact the maker of the vice, I am sure he will make things right!

Take care,
    chris

thanks for the info, guess I may need to replace the jaws.

Mike
    "The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope" -John Buchan

Apparently some Danvises have soft steel for the jaws. Easy on the hooks but they do 'flare'. My Danvise is about 5 years old and is just starting to show that issue. I try to have my hooks tight, but not TOO tight. Service reports on replacement free (or at low cost) have been favourable.

This is like serendipity (ya'll like that word huh?) I was thinking about buying a Danvise. I've been checking them out on ebay and other places but haven't made a decision yet. I don't think I like the idea of the tips flaring. I guess my question would be how much do you use your vise Mike? I don't ty that much but don't want to wait for replacement parts for a vise made in Denmark. jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Jim you have a PM....copy of another PM

Here is a contact if you have any questions about your danvise. He is the dealer here in the states. I have dealt with him before and he is a super guy.

albeatty2@aol.com

I emailed Al yesterday, waiting to hear back from him. Been using my Danvise for about a yr now and just luv it.

Mike

I know nothing about the Danvise or about how anyone uses it, but if the tips of any vise jaws are spreading you may be putting too large a hook too close to the tips of the jaws. The tips of my jaws only see the smallest hooks like those from 22-32.

+ Reply to Thread