+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NOV 12 Skyway Flats invite

Default NOV 12 Skyway Flats invite

Hi gang, sorry I have not been around a lot of late, been fighting a viral infection. Nothing to do with the cancer just been sick.

Now on Saturday we will be holding our secret pirate fishing meeting. I want everyone to come that is in Florida, or those that can make it.

We will meet at the North Skyway Rest Area. We are going to talk and fish as much as we can. I have gotten good reports that the bay has good size trout and reds the snook may or may not be around.
    Depending on the wind we will fish one of the 4 flats. Those that have been here before know where we will meet. Flats there will be no rain, and the water temp is in the middle 70's. And may rise a little by then. The temp will be in the high 70's to low 80's.
    Stev and I are discussing a breakfast meeting for those local enough or the ones that might come on Friday night. I am sorry I do not have any extra room this time, the kids moved back in.

We can discuss lunch or dinner at the meeting. Anyone from Sarasota or south could meet with me and ride in the van with Sue and I.

Any one with questions can get in touch with me or Stev;

While this is not a Fish-in but a pre-fish-in meeting it will be handled the same way. Come and enjoy. I am looking forward to another world record. If you follow the pirates then you know I caught a world record last November when I was allowed to go fishing for the first time since my major surgery.

Someone will send in an article about this after the fish are counted and the equipment cleaned. The RED TIDE IS GONE

I hope for a great turn out. And since this is the second November get together I move that the pirates have this secret meeting every year.

I am really excited to get out again with my friends.

Harold

Harold, Wish I could be there...

------------------
    JME
    @===----?----?----?
    Member of B.A.S.S [url=http://www.ukbass.com:1d515]http://www.ukbass.com[/url:1d515]

Looking forward to this. It's been too long since we terrorized the flats.

------------------
    aka Cap'n Yid.

Stev Lenon, 91B20 '68-'69
    When the dawn came up like thunder

Ya'll have a great time. Save some for the February gang too.

Jerry

------------------
    Dream the Life, Live the Dream
    Laugh at yourself first and all else falls into place
    Board of Directors, Valley Forge Trout Unlimited

[url=http://www.flyreeldots.com:f1871]FlyReelDots.com[/url:f1871]
    FAOL Sponsor
    Dream the Life ~ Live the Dream

Well, I was all ready to go: got my backing and line respooled, and tied a few shrimp patterns, and was real excited to start walking the plank, and then we found out that the wife is pregnant.

Don't get me wrong! We're pretty excited to be having a little pirate of our own, but alas I don't think I'll be fishing this weekend. I will be planning for the fish-in though, and if anybody gets together again, i'd love to be there.

Also, if anyone comes up to Tallahassee, we can go out to Wakulla beach. It's a large flat that supposedly has some really great spots to fish.

So enjoy the secret meeting, and think of me when you land that monster Red.

-ray

Mazel Tov, Okie_Noodler!

------------------
    aka Cap'n Yid.

Stev Lenon, 91B20 '68-'69
    When the dawn came up like thunder

Dot Man;

Hannah and Garret are wanting to know if you will be back this year.
    I am looking forward to fishing with you yet again.

JME; I sure hope you are able to be here. I think we can get you a rod or two so you don't have to bring that English trained stuff with you. <evil grin>

Okie_Noodler; I pass thru Tall town once in a while going to Alabama to spend a week with Dad. Next time I will contact you and maybe we can have dinner together.

It looks like we will have a good turn out. Maybe we will need to have more than one Fish-in in Florida. I think there is enough room to have more than one and still not cover the same water. <grin>

Harold

Just mapquested for the breakfast spot! This should be a very good weekend for fishing as long as the cold front doesn't cool the waters too much! See y'all there with any luck !

Harold,
    Sounds good to me! Hope you guys catch a bunch of them!

------------------
    "Tolerance is the mark of a man with no convictions." -G.K. Chesterton

Harold, I will be fishing for flatties in Dorset (south England) wearing my American wading gear and waving an American rod with an American reel and an American line with American leaders and tippets attached to flies tied with American fly tying materials on Japanese hooks.

I am trying to train them to be British but however hard I try they still sound like Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins - I give up!!

------------------
    JME
    @===----?----?----?
    Member of B.A.S.S [url=http://www.ukbass.com:7a097]http://www.ukbass.com[/url:7a097]

+ Reply to Thread