+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I declare the end

Quote Originally Posted by FishnDave View Post
    Jeff, I've identified a number of "ghost orbs" in your photos. It must be "spawning season" for spirits...
    Wish those were ghost orbs. Those are snowflakes reflecting in the camera flash. Yes, 10:00 or so am and the camera triggered the flash.

Just repeat after me - spring will come, spring will come, spring will come.

There, I feel much better now.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by alra195 View Post
    ...We've gotten anout 5" of nice fluffy snow on top of the ice block that was yesterdays precip. I just finished shoveling the work sidewalks and could only get it cleared down to the glacier layer. Snow's still falling at a pretty good clip (5" in the last 3 hours) so we're preparing for round two of the snow shuffling. Stay safe and keep warm!
    Nice way to spend your birthday, Joe. Lots of good exercise to work up an appetite for that birthday cake.

John
    The fish are always right.

Default Be careful...

I extend my sympathies to everyone that has the ash....please be careful though and don't slip and fall on the ash.

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

Hey Jeff, Greetings from the heart of the snow belt. How's the one snowplow that the county owns keeping up with the snow?
    Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by jeffnles1 View Post
    Yes, fellow FAOL'ers. I herby declare this is the end of global warming!
    Jeff
    Hey, we got the exact same weather here in Iceland now, this certainly supports the volcanic ash theory!
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by tigfly View Post
    Hey Jeff, Greetings from the heart of the snow belt. How's the one snowplow that the county owns keeping up with the snow?
    Glenn
    After the spring blizzzrd of 2008, the county now has 2 plows. For emergencies, they contracted with Ezekial (Zeeke) Smith (his friends call him Z Bubba but not sure why). It seems old Z Bubba has a 1973 International Harvester 4X4 wit a plow blade on the front bumper. I heard they were sending a state cruiser over to Zeeke's place to jump start the 4X4 this morning.

Jeff

Quote:
    Originally Posted by alra195
    ...We've gotten anout 5" of nice fluffy snow on top of the ice block that was yesterdays precip. I just finished shoveling the work sidewalks and could only get it cleared down to the glacier layer. Snow's still falling at a pretty good clip (5" in the last 3 hours) so we're preparing for round two of the snow shuffling. Stay safe and keep warm!

Nice way to spend your birthday, Joe. Lots of good exercise to work up an appetite for that birthday cake.

John
    John,

The stuff at work was a cake walk, lots of help, good equipment, etc. When I got home the real fun started. My daughter moved the 7" of snow off the driveway and my son and I spent the reminder of the afternoon and early evening chopping out the glaicer that had taken over the south section of the drive. I scrapped the ice up off the asphalt and he shoveled it. Anyway, the funs over. Thanks for the thought.
    Joe Bertolini

Well considering it is hot here in New Mexico, I give global warming some validity. It's never been this warm so early... on the other hand..."sea kittens" is the stupidest idea I have ever heard of. I have come to the conclusion that PETA is a rather idiotic organization. No offense to anybody.

nb

Never was such a thing.
    It's a political tool to coerce $$ from businesses and citizens.
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

It's even getting cold down here in Tucson...

Heck, today's high might not reach 70!!! The low last night was in the high 30s/low 40s.

That's COLD (for us).

What's up with that!

Sun is shining this morning, though. Pretty day.

Y'all come on down. Houses are cheap right now too....

Buddy
    It Just Doesn't Matter....

+ Reply to Thread