+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: How big is 'big' ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gnu Bee Flyer View Post
    Tuber , JeffW and I were fishing Stan Coffin lake during the Central Washington fish in. I caught this whopper 15-16 inche bluegill...Here's the proof.

I didn't have a scale or measuring stick so we guesstimated it at 6 pounds and probably 15 inches. We figured it to be a world record but being the sportsmen that we are we put it back to pass its genes on to future generations.
    I can't IMAGINE the sheer willpower it took to release that monster when it could have adorned your Trophy Wall!! Please take solace in the fact that you are a true sportsman & have also helped the "gene pool" for that lake.
    I am humbled by your accomplishment!!!
    Mikey
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Gnu Bee,

Just a photo tip...

On a monster that size, you may want to get the fish a bit closer to the camera. I know that you used a long lens and shot this from the parking lot, but it makes it hard to recognize the angler....who, when compared the size of that fish, is a really HUGE guy!!!!

Buddy
    It Just Doesn't Matter....

Man all this talk really makes me wish spring would come sooner. All i want to do is go to the local pond and toss dries at gills now....

Man all this talk really makes me wish spring would come sooner. All i want to do is go to the local pond and toss dries at gills now.... Today 05:12 PM
    Well loook at it this way: If you go now you might be abit chilli and you most likely not gonnacatch much but on the other hand you do not need to worry about keeping your dries dry on the hard water....
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon

Default Alabama Gills

I think I have posted this picture before. Have been able to find some rather large bluegills over the last few years here in AL. But never really measured them. Too large to hold with one hand and the ear flaps were larger than my thumb nails. Put rod and quarter beside fish just to show size. Can say that after about 50 of these all day they begin to look normal. Trying to find the photo of a 14 1/4 inch shellcracker we caught last summer.

+ Reply to Thread