+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A real trout fisherman

Blog Entries

Wow! Pretty awesome Tim! Especially the doubleheader! Saw a legband in the one photo. Do you know what that bird is specifically, I know it's not a Baldie.

Thumbs up

Nice doubles he got there. Never seen anything like it. Where can a guy get a cheap set of those talons?
    "As far down the river as he could see, the trout were rising, making circles on the surface of the water, as though it were starting to rain."- E.H., The Big Two Hearted River

Wow, nice action shots of Ospry fishing.

One of those boys grabbed a trout about 15 feet in front of me on Greebe lake in Yellowstone this summer. My son and I were fishing an Ospry swooped down from behind me and splashed about 15-20 feet out in front of me and flew away with about an 8" trout in it's talons.

Incredible birds.

Thanks for sharing.

Jeff

Thumbs up

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME slide show.

That is some of the best wild life photography I've ever seen.

Thanks for posting the link, Tim.

No telling how many times I'll be coming back to this thread for another look.

John
    The fish are always right.

Tim,
    Thanks for the great photos! Ospreys are the best fishing birds. Here are some Images: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/89/23...ae5e187d84.jpg

http://www.kiroastro.com/images/va/hunter.jpg

http://www.cwsd.org/images/osprey.jpg

Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Hello Wizard (Dave). As you can see from the other guys response the bird is an osprey. They are quite common in my neck of the woods. Most every lake has one or two nests of them. It is a joy just to sit back and watch them work.

About 15 years ago I was on a lake & an osprey got a trout and started flying in circles to gain altitude to reach its nest. A bald eagle took after the osprey and harassed it until the osprey dropped the trout which the eagle caught in mid-air and flew away. The older I get the more time I find myself spending just looking at nature rather than flipping the fly.

Tim

I was at a lake near Mount Hood watching an osprey fishing for quite a long time. Eventually it came up with a fish. As soon as it was on the wing again a bald eagle called as it left the tree it was perched in and chased the little guy off into unseen places. Lots of hard work to feed a bully.
    Gary

Now that's fly fishing!

Nice slide show Panman.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Default Liked the doubles

Those are nice wildlife shots. While at Craig MT last July we spotted a nest on top of an abandoned utility pole south of town. My wife and I stayed there about an hour photographing the happy couple as they came and went. Then we drove to the other side of the freeway and walked up on a knoll and got a glimpse of the young one in the nest. Cameras were not great but the binoculars let us in on the family life of these beautiful birds. Thanks for the slideshow. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

+ Reply to Thread