+ Reply to Thread

Thread: trouble with global dorber

Default trouble with global dorber

Have any of you had delivery problems with them?

It has been over a month since I ordered my blanks, and still they have not arrived.

I have sent them 3 e-mails, and have not gotten any answers from them.

Ther 888 number does not work from were I live, does anybody have another telephone number for them?

I am starting to think that I have been shafted!

chris

Sounds like you have been spared the rod?

:0)

Chris,

I know a way around the cross border 800 number problem. If you don't rely on a dial up connection anyway...

Load up a program called Skype. You can dial and talk right from your computer to any phone number in the world(you need a mic). You might have to start an account...but it's cheap...and 800 - 888 calls are free...so you may not have to do the account thing. (Not sure). I dumped my Long distance carrier after I tried this thing. I charged up my account with $10 before Christmas (you can use PayPal). Called freinds in Australia... 2 hours worth...called my home in Michigan countless times, call my daughter in Hanover every week, my Uncle in Aspen...blah blah blah... You know how long it takes to burn through $10 at 2 cents a minute???? I still have $6 worth. No exta charges...now hidden fees...and you keep whats in the account as long as you don't let 120 days pass without using it. (some countries cost more...(developeing nations) But North America, Australia, NZ are all 2 cents a minute. ( a head set is a good thing to invest in but it works fine with a cheap table mike) OH...and if you have friends with Skype on there computer, you can talk free of charge, computer to computer. It's as slick as puppy poo. No worries either.

I know that Global DorbeR is a sponsor here and I know a few guys who get their blanks from them. I haven't heard about any problems. Jim might know something.

Did you get a tracking number? The border can slow things down to a slugs crawl if it has to go through brokerage. I also know first hand that rod blanks get lost easily. Some carriers are worse than others.

Deb
    Last edited by Mato Kuwapi; 01-22-2009 at 08:37 PM.
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh

"Catch and Release,...like Corrections Canada" ~ Rick Mercer

Guys, the owner of Global Dorber recently died. I don't know the current status of the company, but I will see what I can find out.

A phone number would be great of anyone can find one.

Chris: I called their toll free # and they gave me this regular number: 870 453-2780.

Hope this helps. Tim

Hey Tim,

Thanks a bunch for the tel. number!

I contacted them, and they were very kind ,and understanding.

Seems that they are overwhelmed with orders, and short on staff.

They confirmed my order, and will ship it out to me as soon as possable.

Thanks to all who helped out.
    Have a great weekend.
    chris

Chris, after my previous reply to your post, I stopped by Dorber's HQ yesterday and spoke to them about your predicament. I think they have been in an unavoidable situation regarding quality employees, and expect this to be remedied soon. I've never had anything but great treatment from Dorber and would be surprised if anyone got less. No financial or other compensation, just a satisfied customer.

Thanks for all your help !

I am always amazed how helpful you guys are.

This board is terriffic, and so are the people on it!

chris

Cool Thumbs up!

Global Dorber is a long-time valued Sponsor of FAOL, we greatly appreciate what they have done for the fly fishing world. (They came out with high quality inexpensive fly rods when everyone else was doing the same old thing.) They simply felt it was the right thing to do.
    They bought the equipment to make their own blanks - and got it running without instructions or professional help. Quite an achievement. They recently lost their senior partner, and it has taken a little time to re-organize. We certainly can understand that. We know they will continue to provide quality gear to fishermen.

FAOL takes pride in the quality of our Sponsors. If you think you have been mistreated or not received quality product or service, please contact us before you post on this Bulletin Board.
    Unfortunately, the name of this thread, "trouble with global dorber" will remain as long as this Bulletin Board is alive. (Unless we take it down on purpose.) Kind of sad isn't it?
    Last edited by LadyFisher; 01-26-2009 at 10:56 PM. Reason: spelling

+ Reply to Thread