+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello

Default Hello

I just wanted to introduce myself to the FAOL membership. I live in Western NY (outside of Buffalo) and have been fishing mostly inland streams in NY, PA, MT, CO ONT., CA and NM for trout for about fifty years now. Have taught several flytying courses and individual classes, and tied commercially for a few years. I especially enjoy my time spent volunteering for a day of introducing kids to fly fishing and tying. The magic in childrens? eyes is so profound and moving... I?ve also built several dozen rods for myself and friends over the years.

I?ve been an avid reader of the FAOL forums for about a year now, and decided to say hello to what is obviously a large group of many fine, generous, kind, passionate & helpful fellow flyflingers from all over the globe. Have picked up so much info and knowledge from you folks on FAOL, not the least of which is about some terrific bicycling along the Pine in North Central PA!!! Thank you, Mr. Nighthawk ... that was a beautiful ride we took in early October!!

And - Jim and Deanne, what a terrific web site!

Oh - - I already have my FAOL hat - thanks again, Betty!!

PRM,
    I want to welcome you to the BB!
    Doug
    Last edited by DShock; 01-22-2009 at 01:26 AM.
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Blog Entries

Glad you got over your shyness, Welcome to faol

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

Hello PRM,

Looks like you been a member for a while (2006). Glad to have you on board.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

PRM,
    Glad to have you aboard. Join us in the chat room. You just might join up with a local piscatorial pursuitist.
    Welcome,
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Cool Welcome again,

Every day JC and I watch the numbers of the folks who come to read FAOL. We are given the number of 'registered' users here on the Bulletin Board, as well as un-registered. (We use to call them lurkers *S*) You might be surprised as we were to learn about double the number of lurkers to the registered folks. Guess some folks just have a problem with joining anything.
    But in case you wondered, we do not rent, share, sell, ANY information about our readers up to and including your email address. Thought you'd like to know.

nighthawk Guest

Welcome aboard! Early October is a great time to visit our northern tier counties if you like to fly fish and leaf peep.

Well, PRM,,, nice of you to say. Hope you can stay with us. Perhaps write a thing or two? Wonderful country you have up there.

PRM -

Greetings and welcome from SE Idaho.

With all the experience you have in so many aspects of fly fishing, you have much to contribute here on the BB.

Maybe you can get some of those kids interested also. It would be delightful to get some youngsters telling their stories here !!

John
    The fish are always right.

Hey PRM,
    Looks like your credentials are in order and you have been oficially welcomed into this forum. I also add my welcome to you. Thanks for "unlurking" and finally joining. Based on your experience, I'm sure we'll all gain from your participation.

Mark

+ Reply to Thread