+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Looney Left...

nighthawk Guest

Security at the terminal is done by the operator of the facilities in accordance with federal, state and local laws and agencies not the airlines!

Tullahoma has an airport?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnScott View Post
    he, he, he is gonna do what ????!!!!
    Good one, John. Maybe I should have said "She, she, she, she...." LMOA

At least I've maintained my sense of humor in this craziness.
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Quote Originally Posted by mcsteff View Post
    Tullahoma has an airport?
    Yep! It's on the corner of WALK and DON'T WALK!
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Talking I know!!!

He had a sippy cup! And it was full of (HORRORS) LIQUID!!

Kirk

PS I always knew those lefty's had to be looney. Why else would they do everything backwards?

kb
    Last edited by crazy4oldcars; 01-21-2009 at 03:37 AM. Reason: So I could offend more people?

Hey,
    I'm a lefty, but I reel with my right hand. Does that make me a lefty / rightie?

As for the incident in the airport, well, the TSA agent was just doing his/her job. Perhaps a bit over zealous, but doing the job all the same.

Yet, one of the reasons things like this happens is that TSA is terrified of being accused of being racists so they won't go on physical descriptoins.

It's probably not left or right, it just "is".

But, those of us who are "real" lefties do find it difficult in today's world. Have you ever tried to use a pair or scissors left handed?

Jeff

7. Default

Just a statistic:

In the years, 2006 and 2007, there were roughly 42,000 deaths per year due to automobile accidents (for whatever reason). In 2007 and 2008 there were 0(zero) deaths due to airplane incidents. If you all remember, immediately after 9/11 all the pundits were saying we should expect other terrorist incidents, perhaps involving planes. Well, it's been almost 7-1/2 years and we've been fortunate. I'm betting some terrorist efforts have been squelched that we don't know about. Regardless, while it may be "looney", a screw up, a bad procedure(s), a lack of common sense, poor profiling, over zealousness and caution, etc. to have the regulations that are in place and strictly adhere to them, think of the alternative. Terrorist slips a devise into a child's backpack or does a switch. If something like this happened and was discovered, that "looney" employee would be proclaimed a hero. If not, the employee would be ostracized or worse, the airline sued into bankrupcy and the government would be criticized. Are these precautions inconvenient? Of course. Do they help make air travel safer? Well, look at the numbers.

Dub

913 Jackson Lake Rd, Chatsworth, Ga. 30705 (423) 438-1060

I think maybe one of our major problems nowadays is the language we use. We change words and definitions to fit into our agenda. We don't have illegal aliens anymore (which would make them criminals). We now have 'Undocumented Workers', which sounds more like a paperwork error. How did they evolve from criminals (which is anyone who breaks the law), into victims? Simply by semantics swaying public opinion.

What they now refer to as 'Profiling' used to be known as 'sizing-up the situation', and was considered an essential skill for all Law Enforcement personnel. It was even 'taught' at the Academies. Now it is considered a Disciplinary problem. No wonder we can't get a handle on crime anymore. And to fix it, what do they do today?????? They take away, or curltail more of Law Abiding citizens rights, and subject us to unconstitutional treatment.

We will have to stop it, ourselves, by saying "ENOUGH!" Don't patronize any entity that uses these practices, and make sure you vote to fire any elected public servants that support these practice (in violation of their Oath of Office).

Wake up, America!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Valencic View Post
    ROFLMAO. You guys are a hoot. The little urchin had to be treated as a threat because the rules makers said that you can't profile anyone, because that would be discriminatory against certain persons or groups. So, Junior (purely by his name) and accomplice Mommy (aiding and abetting) needed to be treated as common criminals because it's the politically correct thing to do so you never offend any person or group. And THAT, my friends, comes from those whom we put in charge of rules making every November. Don't like it? Then change the rules makers.

Common sense has never been less comon in our history than it is today. Oh, and I'm flying to the Tullahoma Fish-In in my clogs and long underwear (complete with trap door) to make it easy on TSA. Maybe I'll get a cute TSA agent with warm hands. He, he, he, he, he.....

+ Reply to Thread