+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a lttle tid bit on the main board

Blog Entries

Talking a lttle tid bit on the main board

JC and Ladyfisher were kind enough to publish a little article I wrote that will hopefully benefit a few folks thinking about building. Its called a special rod .............thanks again to the host and hostess. Hope ya'll enjoy the article..........Ed

Our thanks to you. It is a fine piece and you are a very skilled craftsman/artist/rodbuilderguy.

Ed,

Not only did I enjoy the article, I really liked the looks of the rod you built. Ther personal touches you put into it really show your artistic talent. Great article and really good looking rod.

Nice job on both...
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Ed I think you hit it on the head when you said a labor of love. After all the rods I have built for everyone else I am finally building myself one. This rod is a extension of myself so to speak and if something can go wrong with the build it has. Yesterday I went to put the finish on and realized that the syringes for the finish were awol. Well ordered more syringes and a finish mixer while I was at it. Will post some pics when done. You made the article easy to read and hopefully some folks sitting on the fence will read it and get into building. Thanks once agin for the article.

Blog Entries

Smile

harley......want to see some pics when your done.........Ed

I will post them and pics of the rod I am working on now called the patriot. The blank is black and the colors of the wraps are red, white, and blue. Hopefully it will come out as good as I would like. Building that one for a friend of the family who did some time in the service. His feeling is here in Idaho you need a 9 foot surf rod to fish for them trouts LOL. Did I mention he is from Tenasee and florida. He has only fished in the ocean. This rod is also a UL spinning rod.

Default Very Nice story

That was a nicely written story about the personal attention we give to a craft we love. Thanks for the story.

ok ed you asked for them so here they are. This is flash. It is a 9ft 8weight built on a sevior tiger eye blank. As you can see the wraps are garnet and gold and the diamond butt wrap is getting to be my signature. Everyone seems to like them. Pics are not that good but hope you can see a little of the detail. Oh yes the white marks are comming off. that is my guide markings LOL

Blog Entries

Smile

harley.....Thanks for posting the pics...gettin pretty fancy with those wraps pal......lol And of course, you used one of my favorite blanks...........Nice job!

Very nice now I need to get off my butt and try to build one.
    Remember we all live down stream

+ Reply to Thread