+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need some brass (as in reloading)

Default Need some brass (as in reloading)

My Dad is 82 and retired. He's taken up pen building and has asked me to locate some .308 or 30-06 brass. I cruised my local club and didn't find any in the trash so I'm asking my fellow FAOL brothers and sisters for some "spare brass". Does anyone have maybe 20 rounds they could ship out to my Dad? I'll gladly pay for the brass and shipping.

Thanks ahead of time, and please PM me with any questions.

SonOfMartin
    "Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne.

"When you know, to know that you know, and when you do not know, to know that you do not know - that is true knowledge..." Charlie Chan (author Earl Derr Biggers ...Behind That Curtain 192.

Smile Brass

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfMartin View Post
    My Dad is 82 and retired. He's taken up pen building and has asked me to locate some .308 or 30-06 brass. I cruised my local club and didn't find any in the trash so I'm asking my fellow FAOL brothers and sisters for some "spare brass". Does anyone have maybe 20 rounds they could ship out to my Dad? I'll gladly pay for the brass and shipping.

Thanks ahead of time, and please PM me with any questions.

SonOfMartin
    Hey son, I have a few polished and empty rounds of 30/06, send me your address and I'll mail you what I have!
    "Tap her light and she'll always be fresh"

SOM..I presume your Dad's name is Martin...

If you don't get what you need...and I assume you will....PM me in May when I will be back in Oregon where I have some 308...and would be happy to get some to Martin.

Thank you all who replied or PM'd. Replies sent.

I have found all he could possibly use (for now).

Thank you very much.
    "Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne.

"When you know, to know that you know, and when you do not know, to know that you do not know - that is true knowledge..." Charlie Chan (author Earl Derr Biggers ...Behind That Curtain 192.

nighthawk Guest

When you need more just let me know. I will be more than glad to "empty" some .30-06 for you too.

SOM, let me know if you need some 308. I shoot 308 and 270. Also have a bunch of 38, 9mm, and 44mag if he could use any of them.
    Wyo-Blizzard

Blog Entries

www.midwayusa.com

Having had a firearm come apart in my hands once from a case rupture, I am very leery of used brass I didn't make myself. Brass is cheap, and trying to save ten bucks on twenty cases is not worth my life.

DG,
    You must think SOM's Dad is making pens for James Bond.

Blog Entries

I meant that I will use once-fired brass if *I* am the one who fired the original factory loads.

dg. Any brass can fail even new.

However, Dad is making pens out of the brass. Unless the ink cartridge has something else in it I think he's safe.

SOM

+ Reply to Thread