+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Wooo Hoooo!!!!Tullahoma here I come...

Default Wooo Hoooo!!!!Tullahoma here I come...

Yeppers, race fans. Doughy Joey is going to visit Uncle Jack and Warren P in Tullahoma Tennessee in early February (4-9). I just bought my ticket and I'll probably be packed before daybreak on Tuesday.

Why, you ask, would I choose Tullahoma, TN for a winter getaway fishing trip? The answer is simple...I have drank whiskey with this man and found him to be good company drunk or sober. If the weather takes a big crap while I'm there we'll eat and drink to our heart's content, and not be concerned in the least. The important thing will be that I get away for a few days to recharge my batteries before the busy work season. I've sold two kitchen remodeling jobs in the past two days, looked at a third today (which I'll probably get), and measure a fourth kitchen later this week. It's going to be a busy winter for me, so this is a necessary mental health getaway.

I think we'll stop at the grocery store on the way to Jack's place so I can get some bread baking stuff. We'll have no-knead bread when the sun comes up the first day, and I might make a big pot of my delicious Pasta E Fagioli so we have some soup around to take the evening chill off. So many recipes, so little time. I just love cooking for other people. Put me on fish and you'll eat like a king. LMAO
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Heeeyyy!!
    Isn't there some sort of presidential directive of some sort that mandates that the three of you shysters aren't allowed within three miles of each other. Think of the repurcussions. Hide the wimmin an kids folks.
    (have a great time)
    They're just fish, right? Right?

you will probably get some very nice weather during that time! enjoy your trip joe!
    "some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God." Tony Blake

Hey Doughey...give Maggie (Warren's dog) a big hug & kiss from me!
    If you kiss Warren and/or Jack, you're on your own!!!
    Mikey

HEY!...I took you to "The Factory" for big gills & you haven't cooked ANYTHING for me....INGRATE!!! LOL!!
    ps: I want cinnamon rolls
    Last edited by ohiotuber; 01-06-2009 at 01:38 AM.
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Joe your one lucky SOB. I am still waitting to see what happens in March but may be taking a trip to Jacks the end of March.
    Remember we all live down stream

Talking

And another adventure begins!! I'll be putting Joe up in the "WoodLand Room". The East wall and parts of the North and South wall are painted with a woodland setting featuring everything from Owls in the oak trees to glow in the dark stars on the ceiling so he can make believe he's camping out! It was done for Warren's grandkids and I just bring myself to paint over it.
    We will spend some time on the Elk and Duck Rivers as well as giving the Blue Gill's a shot up on Bedford Lake.

nighthawk Guest

If I hear a loud boom and feel the earth shake I will know not to plan any trips to Tennessee!

Quote Originally Posted by scubatim View Post
    Joe your one lucky SOB.
    You bet I'm lucky. There aren't many people who would put up with the PhoDoughgod for that length of time.

Wow, I'll be staying in the "Woodland Room." I think Jack's just buttering me up for something fancy coming from his kitchen. Hmmm, maybe Chicken Parm with a side of angel hair pasta and a some fresh Italian herb no-knead bread. Cook, fish & drink till the cows come home.

Have cookbook will travel. Sure hope I can sleep for the next few weeks.
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Valencic View Post
    You bet I'm lucky. There aren't many people who would put up with the PhoDoughgod for that length of time.
    I beleive it's the Jack Daniels that makes it possible.

Joey Doey, not that it needs saying, but have a great time!
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Cool

Bottom line is that it will be a great trip.....I count all 3 as great friends, & if you can't have fun with Jack, Joe, & Warren (listed alphabetically), you have to be dead!
    Have fun guys!
    Mikey
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

+ Reply to Thread