+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Okay To Move for Fishing or Not??

Default Okay To Move for Fishing or Not??

Okay after 10 years off/on in the Rockies chasing Trout, this Georgia boy is debating moving to Florida in the Tampa area this Spring. Very tough decision seeing how I love the Rockies but my true addiction is Saltwater for sure!

Family and a few fishing buddies live in the area and trying to coax me so we'll see. Would you do it? No kids, no commitments and self employed so as long as I can get a job I may do it. Anybody have any tips on helping on my decision or anyone in that area tips on living in Central Florida. Yep I know it gets Hot, but Denver gets chilly so it all evens out~

Thanks

This

or This

Blog Entries

Stay in Denver, you'll be glad you did!

Default CO v. FL

Man, the FL pic looks good...is there a way to keep the CO place and get a place in FL ? That's what I'd do if'n I could.

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

Blog Entries

Talking

Do it.

1. More trout for the rest of us remaining in Colorado *S*
    2. There is a higher proportion of scantily clad potential significant others in Florida. Well, unless you lived in Boulder, maybe.
    3. It doesn't snow in Florida, nor does it get to -15 like it does in Denver.

Seriously, though, if your work is where you are, then there is no reason to not BE where you enjoy life the most. You work to live, not the other way around. Or at least that is the way I think it should be.

Before you make up your mind, go to Florida in August for a couple weeks and head out to the lakes for some fresh water fishing.

It's HOT, HUMID, and there are mosquitoes the size of small aircraft (not to mention rattle snakes, water moccisans, alligators, and any number of non-native creepie crawlies that can ruin your day.

My mom and dad live in Floridaz in the winter and love it but they're always ready to come back to Kentucky about the first of June.

Jeff

I made a move in 2001 to an area that I had hopes of retiring to someday so I could fish and hunt. I've never been unhappy with my decision, even during the loooooooong winters and the droughts we've seen 3 of the last 5 years that kept me from flyfishing for trout as much as I would like.

I figured that I can work anywhere, I might as well live somewhere I love.

The only thing I can't wrap my mind around in your case is why the he!! would you want to move somewhere that doesn't have trout fishing and is so miserably hot 11 and a half months a year? I know it's personal preference, but 6-8 months of cold, nasty weather is better than 1 day of humidity and heat in the south.

DO WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY.
    Fishing with bait is like swearing in church.

From the pics you've posted, I'd guess your mind is already made up. I've been in both places and I will always take the mountains over the beaches.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

I was sitting in Prison one day, my partner of the day and I were having a conversation about life, some of our coworkers etc. He made the comment
    "this is not my life, this is what I do so I can have a life" Where is your life the fullest, decide then stay or go.

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

Default Hmmm!

Snow or Hurricanes? Your choice dude. I lived in Northern NM for a number of years and came to the desert in So Cal for a visit in '81. Still here. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Talking move

Thanks and yeah there's no defininitve answer I guess! Ideally live in both but not sure if doable! Heat vs Cold, Hurricanes vs Blizzards, trout/mtns/beauty vs beaches, clear water and a ton of species to chase..I guess only my therapist can help now!!

+ Reply to Thread