+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scott G2?

1. Default Scott G2?

Anybody cast this rod yet? How is it compared with the original G? From the pictures I have seen they look very nice.

------------------
    "GET THE DRIFT?"

Can't help you out with an opinion, yet. But I ordered my 7.5 ft, 3 wt 4 pc Scott G2 blanks a week ago and have been calling the local fly shop daily asking "Are they in yet???" I test casted some longer G2 rods at the shop before ordering the blanks, and liked them alot.

Sorry that I replied without providing an answer, but I'm getting rather excited about building this rod....

DANBOB

I cast 2 of the three weights, and a 4wt, can't remember the lengths (a 7' and 8' something in the 3wt, and an 8' something in the 4wt). Very nice rods...definitely a worthy predecessor to the original Gs. They're a little quicker, but I think it's more in the recovery time of the graphite, than of the action of the rod. They cast very true to the old Gs, just much crisper, and still very smooth. Plus the new fit and finish on the rods is VERY nice. I don't know the weights, but in the hand they were very light as well. I'm really a quick action rod guy, but I'm seriously considering buying a G2 after casting them.

4. Default

Hopefully I can cast one soon...

------------------
    "GET THE DRIFT?"

+ Reply to Thread