+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To Flybinder and all of our Missing In Action...

nighthawk Guest

Default To Flybinder and all of our Missing In Action...

You are sorely missed, often thought of and well loved. I hope you had a Merry Christmas and lets have a Happy New Year together.

Great post and my thoughts and feelings are the same as yours, nighthawk..

Thanks for posting this
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

My thoughts as well Eric. Flybinder, I hope you are on dry ground after all the rain and snow.

Rocky

I talked with Paul (flybinder) last week right after Christmas. Sounded like the snow, rain, flooding and influx of seagulls pooping all about his house, and cars, has given him a raging case of cabin fever. He NEEDS to go fishing for sure.

Jeff

(Flybinder, jumps up and down on one foot to clear seawater and seaweed from left ear......................)
    Hello,All!
    Thank you, very much Eric, for your post and as always, your concern for your friends on the BB!
    Like The Preacher stated, we've been putting up with more than our own fair share of rain, wind, snow, (snow at the BEACH?), lots more rain and even more wind.
    In fact, tonight, we're expecting "round #2" of the latest weather for the area.
    "Winds in excess of 75mph and rain, anywhere from 3" to 7" is expected after 10pm tonight, lasting until around 8am Friday morning.

"Saddle Mountain" is one of the highest peaks in the Coast Range Mountains that separates us from the "Inland Valley" of Portland, etc. When it began raining, a day ago, Saddle Mtn. had an excess of 4' of snow at its peak. In 6 hours, it recieved over 6" of rain at the peak and a temp warm up of around 42 degrees.
    Needless to say, the resulting snow melt and included rain, has sent all our coastal rivers well over their flood stage and banks.

One would have to be on an equal par of "Fly Fishing Masters", such as Eric, Jeff, JC and a few others, I know of, to even attempt a cast in our water ways at this point!
    "Laying down, a #22 Spinner, against the flood waters and the 70+mph winds, would certainly take the talents of any of those I've mentioned above.
    So, not securing that much talent MYSELF, I'm going to stay home, tie a few "Dog Hair Killers" and wait!
    HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Paul,
    Recently we needed one of these: ..http://www3.allaroundphilly.com/blog...low-706743.jpg
    Now, we might need one of these: ..http://startswithabang.com/wp-conten...08/07/ark1.gif
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Paul -

Great to see you posting to start the year. Be sure to hang around and chime in regularly, PLEASE ??!!

Good luck with the weather coming at you all. Don't worry about sending it our way, we'll just hunker down til it blows over and then get back at it.

All the best to you and Linda in the New Year.

John
    The fish are always right.

Thank you 'Saint Paul.' Hang on tight out there. Remember, your weather today is my weather tomorrow. Oh, by the way,,, "quit sending this crap!!!"

My deepest and MOST sincere pleasure, to be of help to you Lord JC! Anytime, I can be of help to anyone, I try my best!
    If "MY weather, is YOUR weather, tomorrow", by what's going on outside at the moment................ how good are you are locating pairs of animals and building VERY LARGE boats?
    Just before dark, I was sitting in my home office, here at the house and fishing for Steelies out the window.
    I didn't have any luck, sad to say, but it was nice to be able to fish the Necanicum River, (which in normal flows is about 7 miles from my house and usually not flowing so near the edge of my 2nd. story office window), without having to go outside.

Hang in there, Lord JC. "Storm #3" is only 150 miles off shore!
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Smile Oh! Boy!

Northwest Onslaught Continues!!!!!!!!!
    Lead Meteorologist, The Weather Channel
    Jan. 1,2 009 6:50 pm ET
    The Pacific Northwest continues to be plagued by a series of storms. Another energetic system will arrive during the overnight hours.
    High wind warnings and wind advisories have been issued for southwest Washington, much of Oregon and parts of western Idaho into early Friday. The beach and coastal mountains will experience (wind gusts of 60 to 70 mph) Hold On To Yer Hat Paul!. Valley areas between the coastal range and the Cascades will see wind gusts up to 50 mph. The Cascades and areas to the lee side of the mountains could deal with gusts to 75 mph. The lower Snake River Valley in Idaho will have southerly wind gusts to 60 mph. Off the east slopes of the Rockies, wind gusts in parts of Wyoming will again peak near 75 mph at times Friday.
    Heavy rain continues across parts of southwest Washington and western Oregon,(If Anyone Needs Any Water, We Will Be Glad To Send You Some!) where flood watches have been posted. Rainfall totals in the coastal range just south of the mouth of the Columbia River and the lower elevations of western Cascades just south of the Columbia Gorge reach between 3 and 8 inches by Friday with over 1 inch in Seattle, Wash., and 2 or more inches in Portland, Ore.
    Heavy snow will once again bury the Washington Cascades, with snow levels rising to between 3500 and 5500 feet early, and then falling to 1000 feet Friday. Total accumulations of 1 to 2 feet (locally more) are in the forecast.
    Over the Oregon Cascades the heaviest snow will be confined to elevations above 6000 feet where over a foot of snow could fall. Snow levels will rapidly fall Friday.
    A combination of heavy snow, changing temperatures and snow levels, along with strong gusty winds will bring a threat for avalanches; avalanche warnings have been posted for parts of the area.

Doug
    Last edited by DShock; 01-02-2009 at 10:02 AM. Reason: It's a Watered Down Version
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

+ Reply to Thread