+ Reply to Thread

Thread: E.P. steelhead fly

Default E.P. steelhead fly

just needs eyes but I am gonna get a few done and then use epoxy. i just head cemented until then! I used the flyfishohio recipe for this one! took me like 20 mins or so but I am starting to get this stuff! heres a the olive pink and white steelhead vatiation. I tried using white thread this time and once I put on the eyes shouldn't be to noticable! the conehead makes the gap always. I tried not to but then the conehead wobbles around! this fly could prolly fish with out eyes its so dang cool! I am proud of myself hehe! I really need some mono thread tho! don't think fish will mind tho for the time being! when this thing gets wet it looks like a perfect minnow shape! sweet!!! I trimmed the tail up better after the pic! took off some pink and white to even it up some

God Put Fly Fishing Here For You And Me! Take Advantage Man! Take Advantage!
    AKA GeorgeMcFly

Blog Entries

Looks like a good steelhead fly. I must started using some EP fibers tonight. So far I've made two flies with it. I think they will catch fish, but I am not happy with my technique just yet. I need to get a toothbrush to come out the fibers...I used a steel comb for mine, and I think it is not the best thing to use.

+ Reply to Thread