+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sorry but Santa's gone surfing....

nighthawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DShock View Post
    Uncle Barry,
    Have you heard the song "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas"? The "Dream" came true. I'm also sorry to hear about your paltry 80 degrees.
    Doug

Hey Doug,
    Send some my way would ya? We had ice for Christmas. I could use a little snow for the upcoming Primitive Firearms hunting season. I use a flintlock rifle. Oh, as far as our friends down under the equator are concerned, our days will now begin to grow longer as theirs begin to get shorter.

Marco,

Hated to do it. I spent 40 plus years in Wisconsin. I had enough of winter.

Erik

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Erik,
    I'm glad YOUR nerve in not in MY tooth for posting from SPAM wonderful Hawaii. Have you NO compassion???. I'm freeeezzzziiiinnnngggg my posterior anotomy while you're possibly laying on the beach with waves lapping at your toes and looking forward to dinner at ROY'S. If you have ANY cools left, please defer subsequent posts till at least late March. That will be appreciated.

Mark
    PS: Oh, and by the way, I wish you and yours a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS. You too GRINGO!

Eric,
    This is the 12th day of snow.
    Dec. 14= Snow Storm
    Dec. 15-16= Very cold
    Dec. 17= Snow melted
    Dec. 18= Late snow
    Dec. 20= Snow Storm
    Dec. 21= Freezing Rain
    Dec. 22= More Snow
    Dec. 24 & 25= Snow melted off trees, but it is still a slushy mess on the roads.
    When I cleaned off my van yesterday, there was a foot of snow on it, with a layer of ice sandwiched between 11 inches of snow.
    I will be thankful for the rain that is predicted for the weekend and hopefully for the rest of Winter.
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Thumbs down Still snowed in

It's Christmas evening and we are still snowed in. No plow, no nothing. If we did make it out we couldn't get back in, hills on both ends of our street. No snow tires, no studs, no go.
    We left Montana because we were tired of the snow and cold. Enough already.

Snow sounds nice.

Now, just to clarify a few points here. First for Eric, apparently Santa does listen to the TSO. Around these parts, so does everyone else, there is no choice any more!

Mike, Santa skips New Zealand now As most of them are up in Queensland on welfare he drops in to see them there, then heads off to the US.

Hope y'all had a great Xmas and stayed safe. See yez soon, I'm off fishin' and a campin' in the sun.
    "We do not inherit the earth; we borrow it from our children."

Smile

JC,
    I was just thinkin', what about banning Uncle Barry & Gringo for the rest of the Winter? LOL
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

hmmm,,,,,,

Hey Doug, go play in the snow. Wer'e busy in the sun down here with all our pressies. Time for a Fosters and a Barby now. C ya!
    "We do not inherit the earth; we borrow it from our children."

Smile

I found an appropriate movie on TV that has cheered me up: "It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World" 1963 How did they ever get all those funny people in one movie? LOL http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057193/
    Jonathan Winters is a riot. LOL
    Doug
    Last edited by DShock; 12-26-2008 at 08:53 AM.

Uncle Barry Guest

Good evening, all those covered in snow and ice.

DShock, wrote,
    "Have you heard the song "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas"? The "Dream" came true."

Hey, well there you go, so were we !
    The foam on top of our beer, while we layed about in the pool.

As we had just eaten too much painted crayfish, that my son had caught and brought home for Christmas lunch.

And then,
    Then I looked about and saw the ice.......... ice !
    Yep, just like you get..... the cold and mean stuff.

Because there was another bag that was brought home to be dumped into the cooler to keep the beer cool.

This ice stuff meant I would have to leave my beer and the pool for a few minutes.

Therefore,
    I can now understand all your worry and problems with 'ice' and feel deeply sorry for you.

Kind regards,
    Your understanding,
    UB

+ Reply to Thread