+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Inflation

Default Inflation

We frequently hear of people complaining about how much a fishing license cost today. I was looking at antique fishing license for Oregon and found that in 1930 you paid $3.00 for one and today that license is 24.75. If you adjusted that 3 bucks for inflation you would find that it is: http://www.westegg.com/inflation/

Tim

Post $106.60

Tim -

When I was standing in line this morning at the Post Office, I heard the clerk say to a customer A HUNDRED SIX SIXTY.

I looked up and saw the clerk putting priority mail tape on a single box about 18"x12"X12".

Maybe there was more to the order than I saw ...... ????

Made me think of things like the three cent stamp and the penny post card from "a while back."

John

P.S. When I drive out of the Post Office, I'm facing the local gas station. $1.699 per gallon for 87 octane. A few months ago it was something like $4.249.
    The fish are always right.

I checked the current value of a madison "Flea" I bought in 1974 for $125. Now almost $600....Try buying one from Orvis for that.

Blog Entries

Default Some mail goes very very far to get there

I heard the clerk say to a customer A HUNDRED SIX SIXTY--John Scott
    Priority Air to Russia costs that much...and if you promise to stick around for the WHOLE story i'll tell you why i know.

Nah...just remember that if you want to send anything to a tiny village far, far away, the USPS is the only way to get it there. it really is magical, if not terribly fast.

Sorry, not hijacking--your nifty calculator tells me that the modern price of the license is "cheaper" relative to the cost of living. imagine that!!
    Last edited by CaseyP; 12-03-2008 at 12:42 AM. Reason: hadn't finished!
    fly fishing and baseball share a totally deceptive simplicity; that's why they can both be lifelong pursuits.

Yep, it's a better buy now than in 1930.
    My time spent fly fishing is priceless, so I guess I will continue to view the cost of a license in ANY State in which I fish as well worth it.
    Mikey
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Please delete post, let no one know it is a bargain...not inflation adjusted...please.

But bear in mind, this is not the case in many areas...I understand some folks have seen pretty big increases with trout stamp requirements, salt and fresh water...etc.

+ Reply to Thread