+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks to some good blokes.

Default Thanks to some good blokes.

I just came over to FAOL after logging off from one of my Australian fishing forums where one of the usual "fights" was occurring. In contrast here I get to perve on Lotech's thanksgiving dinner!

It occurred to me what a well run and peaceful place this is. Yeah I know it has been said before, but maybe not by me? Anyway, JC and others, a top job you are all doing. It is a bit of a community isn't it? People are ribbing each other and having fun. People are praying for others in their time of need, or just plain helping out. Someone is even sending me a Christmas gift. Crikey Moses!

I feel lucky to be a part of it, and I wish that I could meet up with some of you in person, maybe it will happen one day. I have already met a couple of the geographically closer contributers and instantly established a valuable friendship.

Anyway, all I really wanted to say was thanks to JC and all my collegues across the big ditch. I hope you all have a very wonderful and safe Christmas, maybe a fish or two.... Take care.

"We do not inherit the earth; we borrow it from our children."

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Well said my friend. Its because of this fine website that that ditch as you call it, seems at times a whole lot narrower than it used to. I'm getting a bit tired of waiting for continental drift to bring the sub continent back into the fold. Perhaps we can build a chunnel all the way to Auz. Hummmm I will have to ask the Brits and French what they did with those drills when they were done with them.

You hit the nail on the head about the friendships garnered here.
    I pray for our comrades in trouble, I fret over their ills. I rejoice at their successes. It truly is a family that we have here and on this day of thanksgiving it is one of the things I am most thankful for.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Gringo,
    Thanks for the kind words and pull up a stump. You are welcome at my campfire any day.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Gnu Bee it is happening, but I think the current rate of continental shift is one inch every hundred years so there is a way to go, I may not make it to the point where I can just jump that last bit.

The internet can be a wonderful thing as well as a source of scammers and hackers. Sometimes this little place seems to be my last refuge of sanity. Lotech I would be honoured to sit at your fire, as with all those other good people here.

Good luck all.

nighthawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo View Post
    I just came over to FAOL after logging off from one of my Australian fishing forums where one of the usual "fights" was occurring. In contrast here I get to perve on Lotech's thanksgiving dinner!

It occurred to me what a well run and peaceful place this is. Yeah I know it has been said before, but maybe not by me? Anyway, JC and others, a top job you are all doing. It is a bit of a community isn't it? People are ribbing each other and having fun. People are praying for others in their time of need, or just plain helping out. Someone is even sending me a Christmas gift. Crikey Moses!

I feel lucky to be a part of it, and I wish that I could meet up with some of you in person, maybe it will happen one day. I have already met a couple of the geographically closer contributers and instantly established a valuable friendship.

Anyway, all I really wanted to say was thanks to JC and all my collegues across the big ditch. I hope you all have a very wonderful and safe Christmas, maybe a fish or two.... Take care.

Gringo,
    I agree! Merry Christmas to you too!

Hey Gringo, well said. As for the new year, well Febuary at least I was thinking of a couple of days at this place http://www.troutguides.co.nz/accommodation.html and a couple of days on the Rotorua lakes.
    All the best.
    Mike.

Blog Entries

We are normally pretty civilized over here, although I did break GnuBee's arm a few years ago, and pushed Vicki Eagle Elk in the river when Ron wasn't looking. Which was a good trick, since I was standing with Ron fifty feet away at the time.

We won't get into tactical applications of turkeys...

Dennis.

Welcome.

Gringo,
    Nice and peaceful and friendly is exactly my impression of this bb also. When I came here it just felt like home. Like you I had been on other unmoderated bulletin boards and it seemed like no matter what the topic or purpose of the board there would ALWAYS be some troll whose sole purpose in being there was to make others miserable. My isp doesn't even carry those bulletin boards anymore and good riddance. It's much nicer here where you can have a difference of opinion and an honest discussion of the pros and cons of any one viewpoint but it doesn't devolve into something nasty.
    OK now. Group hug

Default A Big Ditch??

AH! GRINGO, WHAT DITCH I AIN'T SEEN NA STINCK'N DITCH! YOUS PART DA FAMILY KNOWS, AN YA AIN'T GUNA LEAVE NOW SEES! CUZ WES ALL CARE ABOUT YAZ SEE, SO YAZ HOME NOW! NAT OVA SOME DITCH.

DAVE

PS. MERRY CHRISTMAS LET US NOT FORGET WHOS BIRTHDAY CHRISTMAS IS

"Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are made for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration"
    "Izaac Walton"
    Member of NBOF
    Life Member FFF
    Member Ohio Council FFF

Awwww bugger it. Yez blokes 'r too bloody kind. 'Ave one on me.

Mike, OK.

+ Reply to Thread