+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anniversary

1. Default Anniversary

Thought something about this would've been posted by this time. Oh well:

If you're old enough, Where were you and what were you doing when you heard the news?

Dub

Working in an air conditioner manufacturing plant in Kerns, Utah.

Tim

Well since I was 7 months old. Its hard to remember, but I am sure others are wondering what anniversary. On this date (11-22) in 1963 John Fitzgerald Kennedy was assasinated.

I walked into a class as a Senior in college, first class after my lunch hour, and was absolutely stunned when the instructor passed along the news. Classes were cancelled for the day, and most of us made our way to one of the chapels on campus over the course of that afternoon.
    The fish are always right.

Default Service

I was pulling overnight duty at Ft Bragg when someone came in from the day room and said "come see Kennedy has been shot". I thought it was a bad joke at first. The whole 82nd Airborne Division fell out to the parade fields the next day in honor. Devastating...\
    Bernie

Blog Entries

I was in the 11th grade standing in the hallway between classes. You could actually see something coming down the hall being passed from from student to student. It was eerie as the news was passed we could see it coming towards us. Kids were crying some hugged each other, some got mad and slammed their lockers. It was a moment and a feeling you never forget. It was just before the last morning class. We were supposed to go to English class. Instead without any direction from the school or anyone of authority we all just went home. A lot of us thought it was the work of the Russians and might precipitate a war. I Remember in those days they were teaching us to duck under our desks so we could survive a nuclear blast as if your desk was going to help.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Unfortunately, that was my earliest childhood memory. My family loved JFK, and I distinctly remember sitting on the floor in front of the TV watching the funeral procession. I was only three years old, but my mother came over and changed the channel. She was crying, and I had never seen her cry before.

I was in 6th grade English class when we heard the news. The nuns sent us home immediately and we didn't return until after the funeral. I remember thinking the Russians had something to do with it, too. Gnu Bee..you're right..the desk thing was a joke. I lived 18 miles from Manhattan..i would have been fried
    "Fly fishing is the most fun you can have standing up" Arnold Gingrich

Default 11.22.63

I was a senior in hs, having a cigarette or two in my car at lunch. I feel like that was the end of the age of innocence for us.

I was 13 and sitting in my 8th grade classroom at St. Felicitas school when the principal announced over the PA that the President had been shot, and asked us all to stop our classwork and to pray. Yes, there were many tears because we were scared to death that the country would be invaded by the Russians. Many parents came to school and picked up their children and took them home so they would be together as a family. Very scary time.
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

+ Reply to Thread