+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Ice Box Cookies"

Default "Ice Box Cookies"

In case you all did not know it, Deanna's Ice Box Cookies are fantastic!!! I made some up last year before Christmas and they were very easy to make plus they are very, very good to eat!! Tonight when I get home from work, I am making a double batch. One batch for home use and the other batch will be given to a group here that is sending a package off to the troops. They requested home baked rather than store bought because the troops are special. If anyone is interested in the "how to", go to:

What's Cookin' Archives--1st Quarter-2007 and "click" on Ice Box Cookies

You won't be sorry
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

nighthawk Guest

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenP View Post
    In case you all did not know it, Deanna's Ice Box Cookies are fantastic!!! I made some up last year before Christmas and they were very easy to make plus they are very, very good to eat!! Tonight when I get home from work, I am making a double batch. One batch for home use and the other batch will be given to a group here that is sending a package off to the troops. They requested home baked rather than store bought because the troops are special. If anyone is interested in the "how to", go to:

What's Cookin' Archives--1st Quarter-2007 and "click" on Ice Box Cookies

You won't be sorry
    Warren,
    I really would like to shake your hand, Sir! Thanks for going the extra mile for the troops!

I must fix some of those cookies. I will have to make the diabetic version but they should still be delicious.

Hey guys,,, guess how I feel inside, knowing some of my mom's cookies are going abroad for our troops. Damn, that makes me feel good! Thank you.

C'mon, not fair... you have to send them to everybody.....
    "We do not inherit the earth; we borrow it from our children."

Well, right now there are 2 batches in the freezer. One in a loaf pan as the instructions stated to do and the other batch I rolled up in wax paper to make a cylinder just to see how that would work plus it will make a smaller cookie. Those 2 batches should make 8 dozen. I may attempt to bake off one batch tonight after they have been in the freezer about 3 hours. I can hardly wait to bake off some so I can "test" taste them. Have to make sure they are just right, you know!
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Cool Ice box?

That really is an old recipe - I remember at least one my grandmother made too (in the icebox) layered graham crackers and whipped cream (the real stuff) and crushed pineapple - if anyone has the recipe for that one I'd be most grateful *S*
    Last edited by LadyFisher; 11-20-2008 at 05:44 AM. Reason: spelling, duh

Fatman Guest

I've sent a few batchs of cookies over as my nephew is there right now and my son goes over in March. If you don't want' your cookies to dry out pack them in fresh popped popcorn that has cooled. They get two treats in one.

Fatman

Fatman,

Great idea on packing the cookies in popcorn! I will pass that on to the group that is collecting the cookies here to send to the troops. They have set their goal at shipping 5,000 cookies!!

Thanks,
    Warren

+ Reply to Thread