+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any up on Lake Ontario?

Default Any up on Lake Ontario?

Guys,

It's been a long time since I posted on here, and I have a new username...couldn't for the life of me remember my old one. Either way. I've made my way to Pennsylvania by way of Kansas. I'm loving the opertunities up this way, but I want to try for some salmon.

Just looking for a little help or possably some one up that way that wouldn't mind getting me started.

I've been looking to hit something between St. Catherines and Rochester, NY.

Last edited by appalachian; 11-17-2008 at 01:33 AM. Reason: spelling

appalachian, Welcome (back).
    I live in Western New York and fish the Niagara River, Lake Ontario and its tribs. The salmon run is pretty much over for the year, but the Steelhead, Browns and Lakers (Out of season till Jan 1st) are in now. My family life is busy right now, too busy to plan a trip, but if you should ever find yourself making your way up here I'd be glad to fish the lower river with you. If you want to know of local fishing spots and techniques there are a few local web sites/forums to get you started. Go to www.outdoorsniagara.com and look for the fishing reports link for current conditions. Another decent site is www.sandersfishingguides.com
    By the way, nice steelies in that picture. Without being too specific, where did you catch them at?
    Tom.

Thanks Scooter,

I'll check out those sites. I will be getting up that way soon enough...I'll holler at you for some more advice on the local spots by PM.

the steelies came from the Elk Creek in Erie, PA...Heading there again sunday...hope to hit em good again

Fatman Guest

Another board you can check out is Oak Orchard Flies, Lots of the guys fish all over. I grew up in the area and really miss it. http://oakorchardflies.proboards57.com/index.cgi

Fatman

Thanks fatman....that is a great board....I like the fly recipe's on that one

I think we're planning a 3 day trip Oct 2,3,4 2009 for salmon at Oak Orchard. Does that sounds like a good date?

+ Reply to Thread