+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Naples Fla

Default Naples Fla

I will be in Naples for the week after Christmas. I plan on bringing a couple of fly rods along and I am looking for advise on locations I can fish. I don't plan on a guided trip ( need to save to take the kids to Disney)
    -Jeff

I was in Naples a few weeks ago and fished with this guy:

http://www.captbobmarvin.com/

If you tell him your plans, I'm sure he'd be willing to give you some tips. He's a super nice guy and very knowledgeable.

Probably too cold now but in spring and early summer, the beach south of 32'd street is usually swarming with snook. In winter, they move into estuaries and canals. The canal along south 41 is supposed to be good. Never fished it.

Bob

For cheap, do it yourself fishing, I would also recommend fishing the canals along Tamiami Trail (US 41). You can just park on the side of the road and cast.

Finding good water to wade that time of year can be a little difficult. My suggestion would be to rent a kayak for half a day and try to hit some backwaters or protected flats. It will be to cold to find snook along the beaches or in the passes, however, there may be some macs, trout, pompano or reds in the passes.

A relatively inexpensive option for guided kayak trips is Charlie Wright.

http://www.evergladeskayakfishing.com/home.htm

Default Florida

I'm headed down that way next week, mostly Charlotte harbor area but I have an old buddy in Naples catching up with....can't wait to get back to Salt!

Thanks for the help.
    Salty are you a member of that club? I am thinking of calling some of the guys on the fishing partner page. I would like to find a wintering Michigander and swap some salt water fishing for summer Michigan fishing. I have a drift boat and a cabin on the south branch of the Ausable.
    -Jeff

I have had good lucking fishing the mouth of Doctors pass. You park at I think Laudermilk park and walk north to the pass. You need a pile of quarters for the parking meters. There is some good variety in the pass in the spring when I usually fish it. Some nice jacks run thru the area regularly.

Here's the Charlotte Harbor Fly Fishers http://www.chff.us there's a charter & instruction link y'all will like.

+ Reply to Thread