+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LF's Hot Buttons

Ever wonder why fishing and hunting attracts so many low life types. Around here the low life types dominate the waterways. Sorta makes me embarrassed to say Im a fisherman.
    Its safe to say that guys who abuse fish do the same to their wives and children.
    Just think... in the coming weeks these same low lifes will be in the deer woods with loaded guns...FB.

Here's another hot button of mine. Did you ever walk along a stream and see close by a banana peel, apple core, cigar butt? While all these are biodegradable and may be tossed with that in mind, it sure tramples on the aesthetic part of a fly fishing trip.

Bob

Kicking a fish back into the water?....I'd kick that sob into the water to show him what it's like. And if I EVER catch someone snagging trout with a treble hook he is going to be missing some teeth. He jolly well might end up all wet on the inside as well as the outside.

POJ,

Is it the snagging that bothers you, or the treble hook, or snagging with a treble hook?

Allan

[This message has been edited by tyeflies (edited 27 October 2005).]

In my kind of waters here you just fish to get fish. I am not sure what goes on in other parts of the world. My anger would be at one here where we fish......perhaps walking downstream a ways and seeing lot's of big fish in a pool but not being able to catch one on a fly rod. So....then he puts on a treble hook and just throws it out there and trys to foul hook a big fish. That is the kind of snagging with a treble hook that would push my hot button. It would not bother me to see a spin caster catch a trout on a lure. That's fishing. The other is improper and illegal.....here.

Gem

POJ,

Okay. We can agree on that. I thought you might be including spin fishing with a basic lure that had a small treble hook.

Allan

Flossing goes on at this time of year on the Tribs of the north shore of L.Ontario too.
    Abundance of Salmon and close proximity to large populated urban areas is the main reason.
    Many are slit open for eggs to use as bait ( and a growing European market as food I hear)
    As the weather turns colder and nasty, the circus clowns tend to stay home and I will venture out again to pursue the Steelhead and Brown trout without having to witness that which makes me angry.
    By the way LF, I think the fly you were talking about was designed for "Gar Pike" (actually not a Pike at all..).Freshwater Gar have a long skinny beak-like mouth with rows of teeth, which get caught in the loops of the fly. Gar are becoming a popular warm water quarry for some FF'rs here in Ontario these days.

Cheers
    DuFf

------------------
    Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints....

+ Reply to Thread