+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pa Fish-In 2009, is it going to happen?

nighthawk Guest

Question Pa Fish-In 2009, is it going to happen?

I just got my 2009 Federal Employee Projected Leave Request Work Sheet today. We call it our "Dream Sheet" and this is my single chance to get pre-approved leave for the 2009 calendar year. The only Fish-In I will be able to attend this year is a Pa Fish-In if we have one. Sorry, no Michigan Fish-In.

I must have my "Dream Sheet" turned in on December fourth (4th) of 2008. If we are going to have a Pa Fish-In this year does anyone have any idea when it will be? I am guessing the last week in May as that seems to be the usual but even a tentative date will help. I can request any date in any month so it does not have to be May. I have to turn this in on December 4th so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Wow. I've worked for DOD for almost thirty years and never had to do that. Just a heads up to my supervisor that I may be out during a particular time frame, and a leave slip a week before.

nighthawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Philly View Post
    Wow. I've worked for DOD for almost thirty years and never had to do that. Just a heads up to my supervisor that I may be out during a particular time frame, and a leave slip a week before.
    My guess is you do not work for D.L.A.? D.o.D., D.L.A., D.D.S.P., E.D.C. Warehouse. Now there is some alphabet soup. Oh, I forgot it used to be D.D.C., D.D.R.E., ha, ha.

Regardless of the whozeewhatzits and the whatchamacallits I do need a tentative date to submit.

nighthawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Heritage Angler View Post
    We already have the Happy Acres Lodge booked for 5/26 to 5/30 2009. That's Tuesday to Saturday. I was at a picnic at bigdadyrods' place in July, and the menu was already being planned. Eric, if they bring any more food up there, we may need your help in getting a C-5 to bring it in!

Happy Acres will be sending Randy (bigdadyrods) the invoice for the Lodge some time in January. He'll be able to quote exact prices and take deposits then, but without the invoice, we won't know the exact figures. Randy will be all over this as soon as he gets the paperwork - trust me. No deposits are being accepted until the paperwork arrives.

This year promises to be the biggest PA Fish-In ever, and the crew from last year has been talking about it ever since we finished last year's Fish-In. For those folks that WON'T be staying in the lodge, you have the dates for the event, and if you want to book lodging at another cabin or campsite at Happy Acres, you'd probably be smart to do it A.S.A.P. The Happy Acres contact info is still up under the Fish-In section from last year.

Remember the PA Fish-In motto: "Gee, I hope you're hungry!"
    Ya beat me to thet thare sub...sub...aw heck, back at ya button. Thank you. I don't know if Amy wants to come along but I will ask. Might be nice if we get some of our women folk to come along too. That is if youinz don't mind a couple of transplanted western Pennsyltucky Pittsburgheeze speakin Perry County ridege runners showing up.

Now if we could just get some of them there Ohio Island Nation types to attend too.

Isn't it amazing that I can pull out my round glass ball and say----hmmm- I wonder if someone wants to talk about the Fish-IN????I just crack myself up......

Yep, it's on. Just ask Heritage Angler. He wouldn't miss one of our meals if he had to drag himself over broken glass. He turned down fishing with a very prominent angler last year just to come up to my place to have a quick bite to eat. Too bad a few of the other guys backed out at the last moment. Truth is, I planned it waaaay too late and didn't really put my effort into it. Guess what??? We will also have picnic this year at my place after the Fish-In.Open to all who attend the Fish-In. Around July sometime..but back to the Fish-In

Yes, I'll be getting that packet around January for the down payment. I'm hoping the cost is not going to go up too bad. I'll give you a rough estimate for food and lodging to be around $200 or less. Last year was $170. We talked about the cost of food going up about $5 extra this year. John(the butcher and manager) says he wants to try getting a live steer up there for us to eat. He likes the meat to be fresh. Wet fly guy and I were talking what else can we do when we were driving back home. He came up with the idea of having a picnic lunch one day during the week and include that in with the arrangements. God, I love that guy!! I mentioned this to Heritage angler and I thought he would stroke out. He can't wait til he peels the pages off the calender.
    Book your calendar for Tuesday(day after memorial day) til Saturday in May.

Hey, Say Hi to the boys for me. I'd love to go up and check out the steelies but I'm stuck at work, like usual. Never seen to get time off for Erie. Some of the local boys went up this week, I didn't hear how they did.
    Gene, Dave, Phil and Chris are great guys to fish with. We had a blast. I hope Chris gets his dad a fish this time........

Randy

nighthawk Guest

Thanks. I will do the best I can and submit the request for leave that week. No promises.

Talking Pa Fishin 2009 ! ! !

OH YOUS GUYS!!!!

I have a been testing some stuff I would like to try on the fishin boys this year!!
    I got to give it up a little-put on 10lbs.
    How about a pulled three meat sandwich with a nice bowl of root veg. soup for starters.
    Some smoked steelhead/trout dip and crackers
    Got a great egg and apple breakfest going and haved learned to make a mean quich
    for Ed M.
    This along with a great boil that is a killer.
    Oh man we the Big Daddy and me gots to talk!!

Besides the food I am looking forward to teaching some more wet fly fishing with
    the old three fly cast and snelled flys. And most of all seeing all you guys again!!

Is it time for FISHIN yet DAD???

Wet

Blog Entries

Default Newbies too?

hi. sure hope there's room for a couple of rookies. we've wanted to explore that part of PA, and a fish-in with knowledgeable folks sure looks like the answer to this maiden's prayers. Best Fishing Buddy is the foodie in the family, and we won't come empty-handed. me--i tie flies. guess it's time to wander over to the Happy Acres site and see about a cabin. oh. first have to clear the date with the All Knowing Calendar...stay tuned!
    fly fishing and baseball share a totally deceptive simplicity; that's why they can both be lifelong pursuits.

Default Newbie/rookie

Wow....I'd love a chance to fish with knowlegeable flyfishing aficionados !!! I'm a newbie/rookie for sure though...room for one more? What do we bring besides unbridled enthusiasm?
    Bernie

I'll second the desire of "Heritage Angler" on that scrapple

+ Reply to Thread