+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hallowed ground

Default Hallowed ground

Hi RW
    Great article as well as the photos glad you guys had a good time.Having had the pleasure of fishing those same spots with you only made me wish I was there.Oh and by the way was that tiger trout foolish enough to think he would not fall victim to the dark cahill like so many before him?
    monty

Wish I was there to.... love to fish the willow or beaverkill in the fall. How was the trip to the esopus ?Just a thought on the tiger ... with all the flooding might have come out of a private lake or pond someplace .Any how great article and the pics were great ... add one more woodie to the pot sunday morning ...

RW enjoyed your article and the great pics. Somehow I missed this...or, maybe just forgot about it.
    Tiger trout... They used to stock them with air drops in some Adirondack ponds, then stopped the practice a few years ago. Not sure if it started up again,...but to find one in the Willow...that is a true anomaly. Glad you got a pic. Perhaps there was one or two left in the stocking tank truck when they reloaded with Browns... Pretty unique. Thanks for the article and pics.

Nice! RW

RW,

Thanks for the article, great story and pics too. The Roscoe area is the best! I have been fortunate to fish there several times in the the Spring, but a Fall trip is gonna have to happen now.

Jerry

------------------
    Dream the Life, Live the Dream
    Laugh at yourself first and all else falls into place
    Board of Directors, Valley Forge Trout Unlimited

[url=http://www.flyreeldots.com:2f927]FlyReelDots.com[/url:2f927]
    FAOL Sponsor
    Dream the Life ~ Live the Dream

RW,

As per usual, great commentary and pics. I guess I missed out because I looked at a conditions report from one of the usually reliable local fly fishing establishments posted that Monday morning. It said that the rivers were "Too high and unwadable".

Anyway, sounds like you guys happened to hit the window of opportunity and took advantage of it. Glad you, your family and friends had a great time and thanks for sharing it with us.

Allan

RW.. thanks for a great article. I especially enjoyed seeing those photos. Happy fishermen, beautiful fish, and got to love the fall foliage in upstate NY. Good for you for getting that gang together!
    "If I'm not going to catch anything, then I 'd rather not catch anything on flies" ... Bob Lawless

Hi folks, RW here

Thanks for the nice comments. Wish you all could have been there too. Hard to get that gang of mine together on the spur of the moment cuz their kinda spread out. Guess we were lucky.

Anyhoo..Just a reminder that this is just a couple of the places we fish during the main Roscoe FAOL fish-in scheduled for the first week in June this coming year. Allan Podell (tyeflies) and Lady Fisher will be posting the particulars under Fish-Ins in the index to the left, after the first of the year, so come join us. We always have a great turnout. This will be the fourth annual fish-in on the Beamoc waters and we usually have anywhere from 25 to 30 FAOL'rs attend. Be nice to meet even more new faces in '06.

Later, RW

------------------
    "We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring on fishing the wet fly-

[This message has been edited by Royal Wulff (edited 26 October 2005).]
    "The value of trout is simply that they exist" <Frank Weisbarth>

Hey there RW, Mark here;
    I too echo the compliments of the posts above. My wife and I, while on our way from Chicago to Greenwich for a lobster roll,passed through the Roscoe area right about at full color. It did seem like we were in an area where history was made. We visited the museum and the various pools where the greats of our passion probably once fished. A moment of silence was almost called for. If you live close to this area, I envy you. I'm glad you were able to enjoy this with those special people.BTW, when we were there, there were too many leaves in the water for fishing so we filled our memories instead of our creels.

Mark

+ Reply to Thread