+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Checking In From Florida

Harold, they had been in the ground for a year and a half and started out about five feet high, and are now over the roof of the house. (Queen Palms). They are now listing to the port side about 25 degrees, but I'll get 'em braced up this weekend and they will be fine. The others (Medjools, Canary Islands, Everglades and queens) are still babies, that have just germinated this summer, weren't a problem.

mantis

My doctor thinks I like Chemo, no side effects and staying strong and healthy. The center had no damage. We will be meeting in 2 weeks to see what kind of progress we are making this time.
    There is a new drug that we hope is destroying the tumor. In a nutshell it starves the tumor.

Thanks for asking

Harold

Glad everybody pulled through with minimum damage.

Just this morning I heard that Wilma is traveling "UP NORTH", and will be meeting up with a "NORTHEASTER", so the folks up in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Maine, can expect a good blow! Might be some flooding, and even (dare I say the word)"SNOW!

Harold, my thoughts are with you my friend. Keep up the great sttitude. I've been there.

Anywhere from 2 to 4, depending on the weather station, to 7 to 8 inches of snow predicted here tonight We are right on the edge. Anything over 1500 ft, heavy snow, below, sleet and rain. Good tying weather either way.

We breezed through this one, luckily.

We put the shutters down and the storm panels up on Sun AM and then cooled off in the pool.

Mon AM we reversed the processed but the 2.5 inches of cold rain dropped the pool temp down to below comfort level for an unheated pool. After all, it is the end of October.

We are grateful to have been on the lighter, less damaging edge of the storm once more. One of our good friends lives in Jenson Beach and I have relatives on the East coast who have not checked in yet.

We'll be pleased when this record breaking season is history.

------------------
    aka Cap'n Yid.

Stev Lenon, 91B20 '68-'69
    When the dawn came up like thunder

My bro's place in Miami has no roof, no landscaping, the fence is flattened. They just bought a new house right before hurricane season and moved there from out of state. Their home and yard have been damaged by every major storm this season. His wife is ready to leave. She's had it. But he's an Army Chaplain and has a couple more years on his tour at Homestead.

------------------
    Fishing the Ozarks

Checking in from Sebring. I stayed here for this one over at my oldest sister's house. This one wasn't as bad for us as Jeanne and Charley. Damage in the city appears to be less than it could have been even though we did get a good blow. My middle sister in Okeechobee lost her front porch and has no power or phone so she is on a generator for now. My youngest sister in Wauchula just got power back today. My ISP is based in Ft. Myers so needless to say they have had problems and I just now got back on line. It appears that parts south of us got the brunt of the damage. Hope Ed is okay in Ft. Pierce. Haven't seen him on FAOL yet.

Thanks for your concerns, Folks and Harold. Keep the faith, Harold. You beat this cancer thing once by the Grace of the Lord and Lord willing, you'll do it again. Glad you and Gary and the rest of the Florida crew got through Wilma okay. Things can be replaced, lives cannot. Count your blessings.

------------------
    Robert B. McCorquodale
    Sebring, FL

"Flip a fly"
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

Great to hear so many have made it through OK. Has anyone heard from greyfox down in Cape Coral? I think that is pretty close to landfall.

------------------
    Lee - Better Loops and Singing Reels
    Better Loops & Singing Reels
    Lee

Hey there Harold,
    Good to hear the blow is over and you're unscathed. I'd love to hear that your medical results do likewise.

Mark

Your tuff Harold, you eat rust and spit nails, a true Pirate. Glad to hear most made out ok. My parents in Tamarack go wacked good with the awnings history and some minor roof damage. Still no power for them

Take care and keep up the good work HH

Philip
    Excuse my spelling and grammar, I hooked Mondays and Fridays to either fish or hunt.

+ Reply to Thread