+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Island Nation of Ohio Great Gathering

Lightbulb The Island Nation of Ohio Great Gathering

HEAR YE! HEAR YE! HEAR YE!
    For ALL Ohioan and others would any of you be interested in a "Great Ohio Micro Fish In - Fly Ty'n - Coffee Roasting - Tea Swillin - Cigar smok'n - Good ole'Get together"

It could be held in the Cleveland Metro parks, near The Rocky river. Nows your chance to voice your opinion, comments, concerns. I am willing to work on this!
    Dave

"Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are made for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration"
    "Izaac Walton"
    Member of NBOF
    Life Member FFF
    Member Ohio Council FFF

Post the details when you get the plan fleshed out. I'd love to come north and meet some of you all. But the devils in the details, so let me know what you work out.
    Joe Bertolini

Let's see, how can we turn this into a food fest? Urp! Any ideas??? Bread, fudge, cookies, brats on the grill, etc. Should you try to find an indoor venue for the fly tying? It gets windy down there in the valley. I'm game, hopefully we can get a good date and time. Just don't do it on January 10th, because that's the day of the Expo.

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Default Ohio Micro FI

Sounds like fun. Uh, just where exactly is Ohio?

(-:

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinmich View Post
    Sounds like fun. Uh, just where exactly is Ohio?

(-:

Bob
    If you have to ask...
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Somehow, but not too sure, WHY................ this whole thing brings to mind such things as "a few monkeys and a football" and "Why do they put Braille bumps, on DRIVE UP teller machines"!?

Bob, "The Island Nation Of Ohio", is very easy to locate on ANY map. Look on a map, and find Michigan. Now, look directly below Michigan on your map and you'll see this semi-large "void", surrounded by several other states that make up America.
    The "void" that you'll see, (Can't miss it, it's shaped like a loaf of homemade bread, with a peninsula on its north end, shaped like a fudge pan),is Ohio.
    Just like Washington DC, The Island Nation Of Ohio, (due solely to the folks that inhabit it also), is not recognized "as a state", but instead a separate entity all by itself.
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Now that would be a bit of a ride for me coming from Northwest Indiana but it could be fun just the same.
    Remember we all live down stream

Dave,
    As you know, it is hard for me to pinpoint ONE day, but if we had maybe 2-3 "option days", I should be able to make it.
    Joe, the mini food fest sounds good too. In addition to the fudge, brats are great boiled in beer/onion/pepper/garlic, then grilled to finish.
    Mikey
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Valencic View Post
    Let's see, how can we turn this into a food fest? Urp! Any ideas??? Bread, fudge, cookies, brats on the grill, etc. Should you try to find an indoor venue for the fly tying? It gets windy down there in the valley. I'm game, hopefully we can get a good date and time. Just don't do it on January 10th, because that's the day of the Expo.

Joe
    Food fest or ethnic food fest, whatever food will deffinatly be involved. just need to find a place Chagrin river? or Rocky? oh and a date, any suggestions. Thinking all weather shelter in the Metro parks, they run $125 for a Sat.
    Dave
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are made for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration"
    "Izaac Walton"
    Member of NBOF
    Life Member FFF
    Member Ohio Council FFF

Quote Originally Posted by ohiotuber View Post
    Dave,
    As you know, it is hard for me to pinpoint ONE day, but if we had maybe 2-3 "option days", I should be able to make it.
    Joe, the mini food fest sounds good too. In addition to the fudge, brats are great boiled in beer/onion/pepper/garlic, then grilled to finish.
    Mikey
    Mikey,
    Here are some dates November 1,08 until March 31,09. So to help you out pick a Saturday I will have several days for us to pick from.
    Dave
    "Izaac Walton"
    Member of NBOF
    Life Member FFF
    Member Ohio Council FFF

+ Reply to Thread