+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sold my D60...Point & shoot BEST?

Quote Originally Posted by Normand View Post
    i'm not sure you are gonna find a point and shoot that equals the quality of the D60.
    I'll second this from Normand, but from your traditional works I'd agree that the DSLR is not easy to use while your fishing/streamside. I guess it all depends on your priorities!
    Leave No Trace

Blog Entries

Default pre-order

Was just sent pre-order form from Amazon for the Canon G10.
    After I get the OK from the boss (wife) going to order it.
    When you arise in the morning, think of what a
    precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think,
    to enjoy, to love.
    - Marcus Aurelius

Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Thumbs up

Years ago I had a G3 and it was a fantastic camera. I can only imagine the quantum leap from then to the G10. I look forward to your pictures.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Thumbs up Sold my D60

Congrat-you-double-lations!!!!!

I'm confident you'll be very pleased with the Canon G10. Just make sure it's on a lanyard around your neck with the camera nestled snugly in a shirt or vest pocket.

I'm very happy with my Canon PowerShot which is several steps down the ladder from your G10. Can you tell I'm a tad jealous?

Again - Wonderful! I think you've chosen very well.

Bill
    Name notes where I fish and for what I fish.

Blog Entries

Default Canon G10 arrived

Software loaded
    Battery Charging.
    Hopefully some decent photos later to share.
    to enjoy, to love.
    - Marcus Aurelius

I love the macro on the pentax (Optio W10), I've never owned a camera that took great pictures that close. The macro is my favourite function of the camera... I've got thousands of close ups with it, and a high percentage of them turn out good.

With a steady hand you can capture amazing things!!
    This jumping spider took out a mayfly on my screen door:

Plus the underwater shooting is great:

I know you can't beat the quality of a SLR, but the ease and availablility of the pentax optio is second to none!! It's always in my pocket ot attached to a lanyard in my vest.
    Very nice for quick bug shots http://picasaweb.google.com/pharps/Bugs# and what ever else you need to capture the moment.

Most of the good shots aren't captured because of a great and expensive camera... they were taken because somebody was there, with equipment ready and had an "eye" for the scene.
    Whatever you decide (the G1 in your case Spinner1), take thousands of shots!

(edit: I shoot with the Canon Powershot S2IS, the pentax W10, W30, and older WR33, as well as pentax film gear).
    Last edited by pharper; 10-06-2008 at 10:19 PM.

Blog Entries

Default watching you

Last edited by spinner1; 10-06-2008 at 11:19 PM.
    to enjoy, to love.
    - Marcus Aurelius

I can't hardly believe I did this today,,, but I did. You have no idea of how many pictures I took to produce my column this week. My Pentax Optio W-30 went to the repair address today. I have struggled with it from the first day to get pictures that were sharp,,, not out-of-focus. At the fish-in I asked Vickie (she has one too) to use my camera and take a few shots of me while I was in the accuracy contest. Not one was usable. (sorry V.) I figured for a long time it might have been just me; but that clinched it. Only one was in focus out of over a dozen. I have seen the pictures on her camera and they are fine.

You'll be extremely happy with the G10. It has to be the best P&S out there.

I have the Canon Powershot A650 IS, and it is an amazing little camera. I love the fact it has a real viewfinder, accepts AA batts (So I can use my own over-the-counter available rechargeables or primary cells if necessary), and the tiltable LCD is a very handy feature. I've taken pics over crowds this way (with my old A95), when otherwise I couldn't have gotten the shot.

The A650 has a relatively large lens, which really helps at the 6x optical zoom. The 12MP sensor is kinda nice too.

As much as I like my A650 IS, I would have loved to get the G9, but it was too expensive for me. I think you're gonna love your G10!

PS - I would love to share some of my full-sized photos, but they're ~6MB and 3,000x4,000 pixels! Great looking tho!
    "Engineers don't idle well."

+ Reply to Thread