+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Multi Reel Cases?

Default Multi Reel Cases?

I have amassed alot of reels and was looking for something with padded compartments carry them in. I saw that Fishpond makes one that looks like a little suitcase but it's $70 kinda steep. Is there an alternative that anyone has come up with maybe a case that was designed for something else non fly fishing that works? Or a more affordable option? I have about 8-10 reels/spools..right now they are in a carboard box in the back of my car.
    Janus

Janus ....how about one for $20...I have two of these...my picture [blue one] will be of an earlier model but I have the current one too..they work great..

Here's the Cabela's link...strange I couldn't find it on their website but it's in their paper catalog and I finally got to it by doing a Google....

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...0036834120770a

As you can see I took out the partitions.

Normand Guest

might want to go thru the sponsors of this website. they might have some.

My post may be confusing...I'm not selling....the Cabela's case is a penny short of $20.

Janus, I just sent you a PM. John
    I wish you all everlasting flies and tight lines.

Western Portal Sequoia National Forest & the G.T.W., Kern River, CA.

...another entry for your consideration

I have two of these and I'll probably buy a third if they have a booth at our fly fishing show / expo this year.

http://www.oregonfishing.com/detail.aspx?ID=253

The advertisement photo's don't really do them justice. The fabric on mine is as heavy as any of the D.B. Dun, Mark Pack, Woodriver or Abel cases I seen and used. My reel cases are about five years old now and don't show any signs of wear to the fabric, zippers or stitching.

Also this little binder makes a nice line storage system for those who like to carry along extra lines when traveling, the pockets are large enough to store lines in large loose coils.

http://www.oregonfishing.com/detail.aspx?ID=382

Best, Dave

Brian,
    I have an Orvis Safe Passage case that holds a number of reels & I believe I got mine for about 40 bucks. That one from Cabelas looks similar & the price seems right.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

I have been using the padded insulated soft lunch boxes from Wal*mart. With the reels in their individual cases, they are ample protection and hold about 4 reels. They cost (when I last bought) about $6.

Go to Hobby Lobby or some such craft place and get some 1 1/2 " sheet foam. Put one slice into each side of and old worn out brief case. If you want to get fancy you can try cutting "dents" or pockets to hold stuff in place. If you have the old brief case then your outlay shouldnt be more than about 3 dollars. If you work at a place that routinely gets new IT gear the gear usually comes padded in slightly heavier foam . That stuff is awsome for hanging onto stuff with minimal effort in cutting.

Ducksterman
    Where do you get those great looking reel pouches? I could use about a 100 of those.

+ Reply to Thread