+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where's The Beef ?? ( not FF )

Default Where's The Beef ?? ( not FF )

Headed up to the Centennial Range today. These guys raised the question while they grazed in the Targhee National Forest.

These guys had the answer.

Some of our SE Idaho ranch hands at work, moving cattle off the public lands.

A little way up the road, there was a large crew of cow hands branding this seasons calves and castrating the bull calves.

I may have a personal preference to not have sheep and cattle on the public lands, but I have to admit that scenes like this take me back a long way - to the late '40s and the '50s in the Sierra Nevada in Northern California.
    The fish are always right.

I have seen a lot of this as well living in southern Idaho. Folks one thing about it the boys on the horses are REAL cowboys. These guys work very hard to earn their money at a job that is not the best in the world. Oh yea I would not mind having a couple of those black angus cross on my property........can you say tastey t-bone

nighthawk Guest

Thumbs up

John,
    Thank you! Brings back some fond memories of using the helicopters to help the ranch hands find lost cattle on Ft. Hood. We were always rewarded with a Texas style Hoedown and BBQ. Those Cowboys were great folks.

I am glad to see that some of the traditional labors of our nation are not lost to time. So many have fallen by the wayside.

+ Reply to Thread