+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Prairie Dogs

Blog Entries

Talking

I guess I like them because my Countryman Bat Masterson an Eastern Canadian from Henryville Quebec liked them and because the condiment Worcestershire sauce is a British concoction. The only thing about them that is American is the eyeball, snouts and guts hot-dog. Most of Bat's life was lived out in "New York City!!!". Where Pace piquant sauce is NOT made.

Thus another legend from the old west bites the dust.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    JC,
    Here in the Chicago area, hot dog fixins include mustard,tomato, relish, onions, sport peppers and a dill pickle quarter PERIOD.
    Mark
    Ah Mark.....Do NOT forget celery salt! Without that, it is NOT a Chicago Hot Dog, which is the noblest dog of all!!!.....Truly worth a trip to the Windy City just for these. Sadly though, I heard my favorite spot, "Gold Coast Dogs", is no more. I'll have to find another "dog joint" for my next trip.
    Mikey
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Hey Gnewby, I ain't recommending the ingredients I listed. It just occurs to me that "back in the old days" they may not have made it into available wieners.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by J Castwell View Post
    Hey Gnewby, I ain't recommending the ingredients I listed. It just occurs to me that "back in the old days" they may not have made it into available wieners.
    My guess would be back then pioneers wouldn't be using the innards but more than likely they used real beef or pork sasauge recipes, perhaps even of deer , elk or moose meat. Something like that.

I have been using bavarian sasauges for my Prarie dogs. Just did a 4 day camp out with about 30 people, fun , fish and frolic in the piney woods. Most wouldn't even try one but slowly over the 4 days several did. Made a few converts and had a few say aaacckkkk!!!!!! what the heck did I eat that awefull thing for. It sure made for Good laughs all round.

I get heartburn from a lot of stuff and have a tender stomach for the most part. The Prarie dogs do not upset me in any way I am glad to say.
    Last edited by Gnu Bee Flyer; 09-03-2008 at 08:52 AM.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by J Castwell View Post
    Really, no one has tried these things yet? I bring you a unique standard from the old west and you just ignore it? No curiosity? No sense of adventure? At the least I looked for a report from one of you. All that research, photography and code needed to put it up. And you won't even comment? Jeeze!
    J.C., ask and you shall recieve!! All these comments and recipes should go down in a Hot Dog 101 section. Some are too funny and some sound too good, I know I'm gonna pay for trying some of the recipes, but what the heck. I know I've lived through eating some other things that were absolutly wonderful when I ate it, but paid the price later. It's just a matter of being adventurous I reckon. Just like when you go back and try to fish in the place you got swept off your feet in, or busted your butt trying to get closer to cast to where you know the big one is. Ya just gotta do it.. : )

The best to all, Jesse

In old age, walking on a trail of beauty, living again may I walk

+ Reply to Thread