+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Apostrophe

Default The Apostrophe

Why when I type out a post for the BB, does the apostrophe show up as a question mark? Is it in my computer or a glitch in the system? Or maybe a cyber gremlin between here and there. It's no big deal, but it makes me look like I can't type.
    Please see my response to harleybob's post about the Idaho Fish-In.
    Thanks,

P.S. Now all of a sudden the apostrophe is working. I'm thinking that it's happening somewhere between the Word document that I copy and then paste to the BB.
    Last edited by Lotech; 08-27-2008 at 11:20 AM.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Joe -

This came up recently in a thread about hyphens. Someone gave an explanation which seemed to make sense and explained what I'd noticed in posts by a lot of different folks.

John

P.S. I can't recall noticing this problem in your post on Bob's thread on the Idaho Fish in. All I remember from that post is that it is one of the finest pieces of writing I've seen on the FAOL BB.
    The fish are always right.

I seems to recall that this is a problem that came up with the switch and Ron has not got all the things figured out. It does cause whiplash of the eyeballs, but is az1 small thing for all the info on this site.

Rick

Blog Entries

I have the same problem Joe. You just have to edit your post and take out all the ? and put ' in their place. It also does it to the quotation marks"
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

+ Reply to Thread