+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sun Glasses a new question

Justice League Guest

Question Sun Glasses a new question

I was just reading the post below about new sunglasses. Well I have a new question I have glasses that I have to wear and have a pair of prescription sunglasses but it is starting to get expensive replacing the lense every couple of years. I do not like the clip on kind to my regular glasses because I can not find a pair that is polarized. Does anyone have any ideas.

Thanks in advance
    Jason

Normand Guest

how about cocoons or fit overs?

my street glasses come with magnetic sunglasses. kinda like clipons only magnetic.

Blog Entries

Smile Fit Overs

Fit overs are the way to go. I use Cocoon polarized sunglasses. I have three of them, each in a different shade for changing light conditions (gray, amber & yellow), but one pair would do nicely. If I was just going to have one color it would be gray. Just make sure you get a size that will fit over your prescription glasses.

Larry ---sagefisher---
    Organizations and clubs I belong to:

Fly Fishers International Life Member
    FFI 1000 Stewards member
    FFI Presidents Club
    FFI Fly Tying Group Life Member

Washington State Council FFI
    V.P. Membership

Alpine Fly Fishers Club
    President & Newsletter Editor--The Dead Drift

North Idaho Fly Casters club

I'm 36 and a few years back I went with contact lenses. I have a funky prescription (both bifocals, plus an astygmatism (sp?) in one eye) it's amazing what they can do now with contact lenses. It's amazing being freed of those darn specs.

p.s. I was one of those guys that couldn't stand the thought of touching my eye. It took about a week to get used to... That, and my wife calling me a sissy)

I found the "Fit Overs" and that's a brand name...while on a trip. Was able to just lift them off the rack and try them on....as opposed to walmart and ripping open a sealed package to see if they fit. Sooooo...I liked them and bought a pair of gray and amber.

Then JC mentioned Cocoons. My fitovers are ok...but you sort of always know they are there. Happened to be in a glasses shop and there set Cocoons. Man are they sweet! You can forget you have these things on over you glasses in about 30 seconds. The fitovers are a bit bulky at the top corners. They work quite well. But I would opt for Cocoons. They are great....but I don't know their price. Polarized sunglasses that you place OVER your existing glasses work quite well. No need to worry about that.

Just jyi
    Gemrod

i use SMITH prescription glasses and have found them great!!!! they are very cost effective around 215.00 verses 300.00 plus from your regular doctor. and thet can change the lenses for about 80.00 if your eyes change.
    Catch and Release So Others Can Enjoy Them

Justice: It's hard to believe you can't find polarized clip-ons by you. They are pretty common around here.
    Jim

Born to fish - forced to work.

JL:

If you wear a baseball style cap while fishing check out Brimz. They easily cover eyeglasses, are available in polarized options as well as other styles and colors and best of all; they flip up and out of the way when you don't need them.

I've been using them for several years now and I couldn't be happier.

Western Portal Sequoia National Forest & the G.T.W., Kern River, CA.

I'm another recent Cocoons convert, mine are about a month old and so far, they're great.

A couple of things that I'd like to share with you are, go with Cocoons brand not some drug store brand knock off.
    When I couldn't find the Cocoons I tried a look alike brand from the local Walgreens and they broke within the first four hours of use, plus they never really fit my glass frames properly.

Secondly, when I did find a Cocoons dealer, they had a flip chart of eye glass frame silhouettes that they could match my glass frame up too. That chart has corresponding Cocoons model numbers that direct you to the correct style or model for your particular glasses....and they've got plenty of styles to choose from.
    So even if the retailers is out of the correct model for your glasses, they'll be able to order the right ones for you or you'll know which model you're looking for.

Best, Dave

check your PM

+ Reply to Thread