+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Short rant ...

Default Short rant ...

After having blood numbers run on Tuesday, and a phlebotomy, it took 5 cracks at the "draw" today just to do a simple cholesterol testing! How much blood do they think I have?!?

Sorry, I had promised I wasn't going to whine ... but ... darn! I have more holes in my arms (yes, both of them) than a druggie!

OK ... all done!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Blog Entries

Betty I had blood work done yesterday. They stuck just one needle in my arm then just kept filling different vials from the same needle device thingybobber watchamacallit. You should find a lab that uses that type of thingybobber. Saves having them stick so many holes in your arm.

PS. I failed my blood test because I didn't study hard enough.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Oh, heck no!! They just couldn't get anything to come out!! One gal took a couple cracks at it ... nothing. The other one took a couple cracks at it ... nothing. The third one came in and, poof! Right off the bat! I'm just running out of blood!!

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

When I go in for my annual, for some reason, the tests are run over the course of two days. I try to get them to take all the blood at one time, since I'm already plugged in, but since it takes 2 clinics (in the same hospital) one outlet doesn't serve all. At the end of the 2 days, I've been stuck so many times, mu arms look like a pin cushion. It's really aggrivating.

I feel your pain!

Chris

Modoc Country.... Extreme N.E. California high desert
    Blog Entries

Hey there Betty...
    My Doc. wants blood tests evey 60 days. The Phlebotomists always have trouble with the veins in my arm being too deep, so they been tappin the back of my hand for the last year or so, and it works pretty dang good. Way less trouble for them, little or no bruise, or soreness, and they hit a vein first stab nearly every time. I'm likin' that way better........................Just my take on the blood draw thing...........ModocDan

I will bring that up to him!! Sounds good. I've been on a two week schedule for monitoring and phlebotomies for the last couple months, and just got moved to 30 days! Yippie Skippie!!!!

Blog Entries

No more liver or spinach for you! And no more chewing up nails, either. (At this point I suppose that I could make a comment about chewing out Brads, but where's the point of that?...)

Ed

Liver or spinach? Blaaahhhhh! Not on a you-darn-betcha!!! Actually it's from high doses of White Cheddar Cheez-its!!!

May not like the process, but it sure beats the alternatives!!!!

nighthawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by modocdan View Post
    Hey there Betty...
    My Doc. wants blood tests evey 60 days. The Phlebotomists always have trouble with the veins in my arm being too deep, so they been tappin the back of my hand for the last year or so, and it works pretty dang good. Way less trouble for them, little or no bruise, or soreness, and they hit a vein first stab nearly every time. I'm likin' that way better........................Just my take on the blood draw thing...........ModocDan
    That is exactly what I have them do to me too. MoDocDan is 100% correct about this. Give it a try, Betty.

I'm also with modocdan and nighthawk. The back of the hand is the only way for me too.
    Let No One Walk Alone
    <*)))))><{----------}><((((*>

+ Reply to Thread