+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Easy Barred Rubber Legs

Quote Originally Posted by Scientist View Post
    I wish someone would post a description so thoes of us with dial-up (me) could understand what this is about.

Scientist, I've restored my original post, My apologies, I never considered the value of having something more dial-up friendly than a video.

Just to be clear, as originally posted, I did not try to take credit for this process, It was not my idea, the pictures are mine, and that is all.

Exactly - lets share the info, and I am really pleased I saw this.

I hate it when the argument begins because somebody somewhere sometime did it different or "I thought of it first." Jeez, so many people have been doing so much stuff for so long to tie mostly the same flies, how could you know if some little technique or hint you want to share for nothing just to help people out was done before? Chances are it would have been anyway.

Different thing if your'e trying to sell it to us, but mate, for just trying to share info and help out, who cares. Thanks for sharing this anyway, you went to a lot of trouble and I appreciate that.

Thanks!

Mark

Thumbs up

Really enjoyed your technique thanks for sharing it here

Take care..

Steve Molcsan
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

Uncle Barry Guest

Good evening,
    As Mr Gringo stated "but mate, for just trying to share info and help out, who cares. Thanks for sharing this anyway, you went to a lot of trouble and I appreciate that"

I don't care where anything came from either, as long as people share in a common direction...... hey would the World be a better place if everybody shared a common idea.

Kind regards,
    UB
    PS, beaut idea, thanks.

This is very cool.
    Always fun to learn new techniques.

Reg, Thorarinn

This is flyanglersonline.com and WE share with all who view this site. I think that is why JC and LF created this site. Everyone needs to understand that we are not like other sites. We are good people here and we strongly believe in sharing.

Thanks so much for the great idea that you shared and I really do not care who came up with it first. I just appreciate it that someone took the time to share it. If the truth was know, the person who really came up with the idea in the beginning shared it and was not looking for credit for it. In this world today, there are just too many people running around "blowing their own trumpets".

The above are just my opinions and nothing more and they are not meant to offend anyone....
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

my problem is that even permanent markers don't hold onto the rubber materials. Have tried sharpies, magic markers, pantones, etc. and the color rubs off easy when I am working with it.
    ‎"Trust, but verify" - Russian Proverb, as used by Ronald Reagan

I've had the same problem with rubber legs and permanent markers. lets hope we find a solution to it.

Not sure if it will help you guys, but I seem to remember seeing a lure marking pen and fluid in a cabela's catalog years ago. Not sure if it is still there as I haven't looked, but if you check out their lure making sections you might find it and that may work.

+ Reply to Thread