+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reel Repair

Default Reel Repair

I have a friend who inherited from his deceased fishing buddy a Cabela's Deshutes III reel. The reel foot is broken and he would like to repair it for sentimental reasons. I checked with Cabela's and they refused to tell me since they want to protect their vendor. The reel is no longer sold by them. Okuma makes a lot of their reels and it might be something they made for them, but so far I have not found out. I have given him some other options for repair but if he could find out the maker it would probably be easy to get the part.

Dano

From what I remember of them, those Deschutes reels look like they may have been made by the same folks that made the older model Orvis Battenkill large arbor reels (BFR in England, and then moved production to China). If you know anyone that has a Battenkill large arbor, you could see if the reel seat would fit the Deschutes reel. Orvis could probably get one for you. They may even make the repair for you - can't hurt to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Heritage Angler View Post
    From what I remember of them, those Deschutes reels look like they may have been made by the same folks that made the older model Orvis Battenkill large arbor reels (BFR in England, and then moved production to China). If you know anyone that has a Battenkill large arbor, you could see if the reel seat would fit the Deschutes reel. Orvis could probably get one for you. They may even make the repair for you - can't hurt to try.
    Thanks for the suggestion I sure will pass that advice on.
    Dano

+ Reply to Thread