+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red Sebring gets hit,,, again! grrr.. Castwell

Default Red Sebring gets hit,,, again! grrr.. Castwell

Snivel, Snivel, whine, whine.
    It has happened again. By now many of you know we bought a 2006 Sebring convertible. Bright red with lotsa chrome. Second childhood perhaps, but we love the thing. We have had it a little over a year now. A few days after we bought it a lady in a Suburu backed into the passenger side. Took a while to get repaired.
    TODAY,,,a guy with a huge crew-cab pick-em-up-bubba with a massive trailer hitch sticking out from the rear of his weapon,,, backed directly into the back bumper of my little red kiddie-car, RATS
    Here I go again. Will need a whole rear bumper assembly!
    What is it about a bright red car that folks can't seem to notice? I baby that car. I wash that car. The inside is especially treated leather, spotless. I drive it carefully. I park where I'm not as likely to have 'door' damage. Today was one of those times. The ONLY way to get at my 'baby' was to hit the back end. He did. RATS!!!

Unhappy

JC,
    I'm sorry your baby got hurt! I hope the body shop does a good job fixing it.
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Unhappy

JC - I feel your pain. Fifteen years ago, I drove my bright red two week old sports car to Baltimore for an early morning meeting. It got rear ended - TWICE - all before 8AM! I'm convinced it has something to do with the color. Something like waving a red flag in front of a bull. At the time, my insurance agent told me that a study was done to determine the color of vehicle most likely to be involved in an accident. Red was the highest risk by a large margin. Gotta love those shiny red cars though.....

Blog Entries

Fly the Stars and stripes from a whip antenna.

Even red necks will avoid damaging the flag.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Unhappy

I feel your pain. My last two cars have both been hit hard within the first week of driving off the dealer's lot. Like you I baby my car (and everything else I own) and to know its been damaged just make me sick. I hope your body shop has some skilled artisans there. It makes all the difference in the world.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

nighthawk Guest

Jim,
    I am sympathetic to what you are going through. After what I saw on July 3rd I am extremely thankful that neither you nor Deanna were injured. I know you love that car and they are a sweet ride but the car can be replaced, you and Deanna cannot.

I think a guy named Murphy wrote something about that.

Just like that first rod that you beat to death your whole life and it never breaks. Then the first time out with your brand spanken new (name drop here) the first 3 inches gets loped off in the car door, or against a branch, or trying to unsnag your fly.

I feel your pain, but it could always be worse. Good Luck with the repairs.

Default Sebring and Bubba truck

J.C. this may make you feel better, then maybe not!!! I own a Bubba truck, Ford 350 Lariat super duty crew cab ( I needed it for towing and hauling, so it's no toy truck)
    I always park way out in left field where ever I go for the truck is also 4 wheel drive and doesn't park in tight places, beside like you I do care for it and don't want it banged up in a parking lot.
    I went to Walmart and parked way over next to the nursery section, nothing but a electric utility truck with a telephone pole on a trailer there. He was 40 feet away so no problem. I came home and parked beside my boat and it was 3 days later I walked behind my truck to put things in the boat and had a rather huge hissy fit when I saw my bumper.
    The guy in the utility truck must have backed half way across the parking lot and tore the holy#$&* out of my back bumper. A little piece of telephone pole and a large part round impression on my mangled bumper.
    I do honestly feel your pain, and I truely am sorry it was a bubba truck driver that did the damage. I wish you the best at getting it fixed better than new.
    The very best to you and Lady Fisher

JC so sorry to hear of your troubles. Here is what you never do when buying a car, never, never, never buy red. It isw a magnet for small and large bumbs and scrapes. And most important of all cops just love them

This gets even more strange. I was on the phone with QC last night. Told him my 'tale-of-woe' and guess what. He was getting an estimate at a repair shop yesterday too. The dollar amount for the work was within a few bucks for each of us (just a bit under a grand). He got hit in the left-front while he was in the store the day before. His truck,,, is red!

+ Reply to Thread