+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grrrr!

Unhappy Grrrr!

Well ,I am finaly going fishing, First trip for a few of months. Heading down to the Tongariro for the weekend so all should be sweet in my world.
    My wife just phoned the roof is leaking, AGAIN. I have had it fixed 4 times so far, now it looks like I need a new roof, I can no longer afford to go fishing.
    I don't care I am going!
    The weather forecast is in, HEAVY rain and strong winds all weekend so we may strugle to find some clean water to fish.
    I don't care, the roof can leak as much as it likes, the wind may blow and the rain may fall, I am going fishing!
    See you all on Monday, I am off!
    Mike.

Mike
    A very proper attitude!! Glad to see someone with things in order!

Jack, you had better get the spare room ready for Mike because I will bet Ms. Thomas is not as glad he is going fishing as you are!!
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Mike,

I, too, am glad to see a man with his priorities straight. That being said, should you come home to a damp house and find all your possessions in a soggy pile on the front lawn, my spare room is not available.

With VEE looking over my shoulder as I type,

REE

Hi Mike,

The forcast is not looking any brighter I'm afraid. Hope you have better luck on the river than with the roof.

- Jeff

sounds like "the dreaded Nor'weeeesta" (to quote Chappy Chapman). Mike, keep your head up and enjoy your fishing. though you may well be better off spending your soaked weekend in the house with the Mrs!!!...

nighthawk Guest

Thumbs up

That's the spirit, Mike!

Lets add this up:
    (Leaking Roof + Soggy house)+ Soggy fishing x (finding belonging in front yard + pissed off wife) +(fishing trip + beer + buddies + Fun ) = huuuummmm ?? looks about equal to me, good luck with the roof and have fun with the new roof and liven alone
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are made for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration"
    "Izaac Walton"
    Member of NBOF
    Life Member FFF
    Member Ohio Council FFF

The beauty of it all is.... whatever happens, Mike won't know till Monday, and its all over.
    "We do not inherit the earth; we borrow it from our children."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ohiofly View Post
    Lets add this up:
    (Leaking Roof + Soggy house)+ Soggy fishing x (finding belonging in front yard + pissed off wife) +(fishing trip + beer + buddies + Fun ) = huuuummmm ?? looks about equal to me, good luck with the roof and have fun with the new roof and liven alone
    Sounds more an excellent story for (Reader's Cast + Humor).

Ed

+ Reply to Thread