+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grass Carp

Default Grass Carp

Hot Dog!! You did it, Cordell! SWEEEEET!

OK...now exactly HOW did you manage it??
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

today it was easy...I went before the sun was up...they were tailing and feeding on top...I threw the muddler where the action was and they hit immediately from the competition thinking it was a berrie I guess...used the black muddler...got 3 of them before a really big one broke my bottom 2 guides off my 8wt...bummin about that but LOOMIS will take care of me...the carp did what bonefish/permit/snook/jacks/tarpon/sawfish/redfish just couldnt do...SWEET!!! this is of course where I took you beside the preschool.....BTW...my website is being upgraded and should be done today....YOUR picture{s} should be in the gallery already but if not very soon

Broke your rod guides off?? Yowzah, that's a freaking strong fish!

I thought I recognized the spot...Didn't they spook when you caught the first one? Or were they coming back for the berries?

I'll check your new website!
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

they never leave the berries, ever...they are there around the clock...many more will show up around the edges but the berrie tree is home base

Fantastic, I wish that we had them in Wisconsin. I have really taken to carp on the fly the last couple of seasons. They take me into my backing on my 8 wt on a regular basis and that is cool for a boy that doesn't have salt close by. Congrats again,

Rick

Grass carp make excellent eating. Battered n' deep fried. Probably other ways too. No kidding.

Need to cut out intercostal "y" bones just like a lot of other fish.

they have become routine now and I can expect a hookup almost every cast...sweet...the mulberry fly works like nobodys business and they hit it on the surface just like trout fishing...dozens of rising carp all very eager...they hit it immediately on the splash

Nice. I haven't seen a Grassie in probably three years. The water is pretty low right now here. I can't use the berry flies. Wouldn't do any good. We don't have Mulberry here like down south FL that I know of. Maybe nymphs would work if I ever see any Grassies again when the water comes back up.
    Last edited by dixieangler; 06-28-2008 at 06:52 PM.
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

Blog Entries

FYI, it is illegal to possess grass carp in Florida without a permit. Removing one from the water is possession.
    Steve

+ Reply to Thread