+ Reply to Thread

Thread: revivex

Default revivex

I don't remember where I read about this product where it can restore the repellency of breathable materials such as waders and jackets after washing with a mild detergent. Does anyone have expereience in using revivex for waders?

The stuff works fantastic!

Here is a link to a previous FAOL thread on the subject.

I used it on a gore-tex rain jacket and was quite satisfied with the results.
    The fish are always right.

thanks a bunch bamboozle and johnscott. It's off to the store I go. I intend to use it on a pair of Hodgman Wadelites. The area within 12" above the boot is showing "wetness". I may try a conservative approach by washing with a light hand brush with Woolite first and then applying the revivex. let you know how i make out.

Fritz:

If the store has the Revivex Synthetic Fabric Cleaner grab some of that too. It works great and recommended by McNett the folks that make Revivex.

Also, if you have a clothes dryer like mine that comes with a removable shelf for non-tumble drying for things like sneakers; that shelf will work well for drying the waders instead of using a hair dryer or iron. Simms concern with using a dryer was related to the tumbling.

Isn't this stuff to renew/revive goretex....but not for specific leaks in the seams and such??????

Duck:

Revivex is designed to renew the DWR (durable water resistant) finish that is put on Gortex and other breathable fabrics and most waterproof garments when the fabric is manufactured. Over time the DWR coating wears off and "'wet-out" occurs which is when the fabric outside gets soaked with water which impedes the breathing of the fabric and leads to internal condensation.

When you renew the DWR your waders breathe better, you stay drier AND the waders dry in a fraction of the time it normally takes. It's well worth the effort IMHO.

It don't fix leaks.

+ Reply to Thread