+ Reply to Thread

Thread: trout in really hot weather

Justice League Guest

Default trout in really hot weather

Normally by this time of the year I have given up on trout and switched to gills and large mouth. However I have a friend who is coming into town and wanting to go fly fishing for trout this next weekend. The weather here is in the low ninities and water levels are geting low. The nearest tail water is over two hours away. I am about a hour away from the Ashville area. Can anyone help me.

To be honest I he would have more fun catching gills and largemouths but he is still one of those that does not understand that fly fishing is for all fishing.

The mountain streams are getting where they were last year during the drought. I doubt any of the DH streams have alot of fish in them after the 1st Saturday of June. The Davidson River, while low, still has a good flow and a few fish are being caught. I fished the South Holston River in East Tennessee a couple of weeks ago and the fishing was just fine. I know it's a bit further for you to travel but that would be my first go-to stream. The Watauga is a bit closer if you know how to get to the fishing holes. Both rivers will be generating through the days so knowing the TVA schedule is a must for your safety.

Good luck!

I personally think there should be no trout fishing allowed once water temps hit 70.
    The man who coined the phrase "Money can't buy happiness", never bought himself a good fly rod!

Blog Entries

I was not really into Glls till Linemender took me gill fishing at the Washington fish in. Once I caught a few I completely changed my mind.

Maybe thats all your friend would need. A day catching Gills and Bass might change his mind. Most of us at the fish in spent a couple days with the big trout at Rocky Ford Creek and a day or to of giggle fishing for gills. They both have their good points.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

I wish ours would warm up a bit,this AM. we were at 5.82C or about 41F. Still a little cold to wet wade for long and not squat is coming off yet.
    We all know the area code for heaven is 406

Default trout

6x tippet, drab colored clothes and a size 18 Griffis Gnat! i also love blue gills and Crappie!

+ Reply to Thread