+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ohio.....Where do you live?

Blog Entries

Default Ohio.....Where do you live?

Aug 7th and 8th and half of the 9th. Who's all from Ohio and what're you doing these days? My wife will be going through the state to meet some friends for 4 days, with the big party on the 9th. I was planning to stay home. But, when she said she was traveling through Ohio, I know some of you live there. So I got thinking, I could make the trip to our friends party, and still hang and fish with some of you

I have a buddy that lives in or around Ohio, or something. Just gotta find out where, and if he'd mind putting me up for a couple days. Lemme know if you wanna hang out on those days and where abouts in Ohio you live. So I can see if I can make arrangements.

And if anyone could let me know what the non-resident angling license cost is I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks a lot,
    Shane

Hi Shane,

As my screen name states NE Ohio. Just east of Cleveland. 10 minutes from the Chagrin River, about 35 from either the Rocky River (west) or the Grand (east). I fish mostly for smallmouth and bass and panfish, a little bit of steelheading. Based on the pictures you posted a couple of days ago you might be disappointed, at least based on the numbers and size of the smallies I catch. Those were awesome.

One day license is $11.00, 3 day tourist license is $19.00. Annual nonresident $40.00 (if you want to come back for steelhead later on...)

As it gets closer to your dates keep us posted. There are a bunch of FAOLers here in Ohio. I fished with a couple (ohiotuber and Joe V.) and met several others, all great guys. I'm sure with the cast of Ohioans someone, or several can meet up with you if your in town.

Take care,

Mike

As Mike said, there are a bunch of us here, and mostly in the Cleveland Area. Not sure where your wife is visiting, but this may give you a starting point.

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

I'm in Lakewood right next to Rocky River(Cleveland area). That is where I fish mostly..Let us know where you will be.
    Janus

Shane,
    I live in Canton, but unfortunately I will not be around when you come through. We will be in the Outerbanks of North Carolina. Will be leaving Friday, August 1 & returning Sunday, August 10th. I'm sorry I'll be missing you, but there are plenty of other Ohio boys who will be available. I'm almost certain you'll be near Cleveland on your trip....Turnpike, I71, I77, I90, etc.
    BTW, shoot me a PM....I have your 2 ZipCasts!!!
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Blog Entries

Man, this is stupid. If I go, we drive (Because I won't take a bus). Well, our friends are meeting in Indianapolis, IN. So we miss Ohio completely, especially the Cleveland area. If I don't go, she's bussing it, going through Ohio.

So it looks like I won't be meeting up with anyone at all. I'm staying home

Wish I could meet up with some of you.....damn.
    Shane

Blog Entries

I'm going to see what I can do anyways. Might be able to work something out

We'll see,
    Shane

P.S. Thanks for all the info!!!!

If you get the chance to fish with these guys, take it. What a great bunch!
    If it swims and eats, it'll eat a fly.

Blog Entries

I'd like to!!

So I won't be making it down......But, we're going to plan a trip down to Cleveland near the end of August. For a friday,sat and Sunday. I'll get back to you guys on specifics.

Shane

Norman, OK (via Iowa, South Dakota, Nebraska & Ohio)

Default cincy area too

Hey Shane - there are also a few of us down in SW Ohio in the Cincy area and a couple in the Colmbus area too.

Although with a new baby in the house there's not much fishing for me this year - there is some good fly fishing to be had in the Buckeye state.
    Thank God for my wife, the midge nymph and those hapless Iowa Hawkeyes!

+ Reply to Thread