+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Registering for monthly drawing

Default Registering for monthly drawing

How does registering work? I filled in some info in the past. Occasionally I go to register. It will say you are already registered. Does this mean I am automatically registered for the drawing every month? Or does one still need to click and register during a month to be registered?

Gem

You are in for every month.

I guess I thought you had to log-in to the BB each month to be registered. Or is that the old way? It seems like I remember that it changed when we got the new BB.
    Tim

Blog Entries

tlerm that was the old way and may someday be the new way again, if I understand things.

Eric

I'm a traditionalist. Let's go back to the old way where I would win once a year.

Quote Originally Posted by mcsteff View Post
    I'm a traditionalist. Let's go back to the old way where I would win once a year.
    Well, the odds would be better for those that are around month to month and participating.

Is that whining I hear? I'm reminded of one of my dear mother's favorite sayings when us kids didn't like the rules, and "wished" they would be changed in our favor; Wish in one hand...
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Hmmmmmmmmm, gee, Joe.................. if you only wish in ONE hand, then what POSSIBLY could one DO, with the other hand?

Not to say "HI!" to Jack, on this thread though................. wouldn't it be FUN to maybe.............. "hold a drawing, for a rod, or reel, etc. BUT limit it to only "The Friends Of FAOL"!? (Of course, the "special friends" as well).

Give every one that wishes to, the next.............. 30 days to sign up, as a "Friend of FAOL", then put all the "friend's names", into a hat and draw!?!

Also, there are now, over 8,000 "signed up members", but the MOST that's ever been on line, at any one time is less than 200. In fact, skimming the BB, it's apparent that less than 300, really, truly, seem to contribute and support this site on a regular basis at best.

Not, "whining", but it sure cuts down the odds, when so many, obviously sign up for this fine site, then are never heard from again, but have an equal chance in the site's monthly drawing!? Just ask'in!?!
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Besides Joe, I suspect even JC would admit that "the rules" as you put it... being done now have been forced on him by the change over...not the ones we used to have. If I remember correctly he said it would only be temporary

Blog Entries

"Also, there are now, over 8,000 "signed up members", but the MOST that's ever been on line, at any one time is less than 200. In fact, skimming the BB, it's apparent that less than 300, really, truly, seem to contribute and support this site on a regular basis at best. "

There are many who come into the chat room that aren't comfortable posting, others like my son lurk and read the posts but don't post or chat but truly enjoy the board. I wouldn't eliminate them.

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

+ Reply to Thread