+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MIFI '08 Itinerary

Default MIFI '08 Itinerary

There are a couple of threads going around about the MIFI, and I was wondering if there was an actual itinerary for the week's events aside from the July 4th activities? If not, I was wondering others thought of a welcome reception on Sunday or Monday. We will be arriving on Sunday afternoon, and I thought it would be good for everyone to get together in the conference room for a "meet & greet" complete with snacks and drinks. Everyone could contribute something, and we might even have name tags so old guys like me wouldn't have to remember everyone's name.

I guess this should run through the Queen Bee (Jean) for her blessing. If it's a go, I will bring several loaves of specialty breads, dipping sauces and a cheese assortment. I can make the bread on Saturday before I leave, and it will be good for the week. I'll also bring a few bottles of red wine (Cabernet, Merlot & Shiraz).

It would not be mandatory to contribute anything other than your presence. Obviously those traveling great distances will be restricted as to what they can haul with them.

Anybody else think this might be a good idea? If so, what day would be best? If you can contribute to the gluttony, post your contribution here
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Cool Love it

Terrific idea Joe, we get in around midnite sat/sun. driving from Traverse City.

Sounds like a plan to me.
    Remember we all live down stream

Talking

That'll Work Joe!! As always you are ahead of most of us!! Just got out of the chat room with JC and we need someone coming up I75 to stop in Pinconning and pick up cheese!!

Medium,,,,

hmmmmm what can i bring up from mississippi? i need to think!
    "some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God." Tony Blake

Joe,
    Great Idea, as for name tags You get one of those when You register. As far as "Goodies", I'll Volunteer Jean to do up another batch of Her Brownies. They should survive the 4 hour drive up,
    barring complacations(Me)

Just got through talking with Brad(Kaboom1) and a "Executive Decision" was made Joe V. will be the "Offical Coordinator" for the Michigan Fish-In Meet and Greet. Thank You Joe for Your Selfless Dedication to the Cause

Joe we have not meet yet but if you need a hand with the meet and greet let me know, I will be arriving on the 30th mid day

BILL you keep your hands off the brownies.........

PLEASE cause I love brownies LOL
    Remember we all live down stream

Quote Originally Posted by bdesavage View Post
    Just got through talking with Brad(Kaboom1) and a "Executive Decision" was made Joe V. will be the "Offical Coordinator" for the Michigan Fish-In Meet and Greet. Thank You Joe for Your Selfless Dedication to the Cause
    I'm speechless...I'll find a way to get back at BOTH of you before the week is out.

Since I'm the "Official Coordinator" for the MIFI '08 M&G, it will take place Monday evening from 5:30 p.m. until you feel like leaving. This will allow time for those going to dinner in Gate's restaurant time to have some appetizers before their meal, and then to return for more interaction before preparing for the evening hatch or full blown night fishing for the monster trout.

We will gather in the upstairs conference room for the appetizers, then move to the river's edge. Depending on the weather, we may be able gather with food and drink right along the river by the landing dock, so I think we'll remain flexible for the gathering place. We can pull together some of the picnic tables to set the goodies on. As dedicated fisherpersons, we are all accustomed to changing venues at the drop of a hat.

If a glass of red wine is not to your liking, feel free to bring your favorite beverage to chase the goodies. If you would like to bring a snack/appetizer to share that would be fine, but PLEASE don't feel obligated to do so. I'm certain my fellow chefs from the Island Nation of Ohio will surprise us with something made streamside to please our taste buds (No pressure, Brad!). Perhaps something with with crabmeat or lobster? I know you are that kind of 'selfless' person, 'ol buddy.

If anyone has any other ideas, feel free to keep them in your shirt pocket unless YOU want to be in charge. Ahhhhhh, leadership is lonely.

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

+ Reply to Thread